VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My C&p Exam

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Something just dawned upon me. After, my General Medical Exam was completed, I ask the Doctor if he was going to check my back. He said no, since it was not listed as part of the exam requirements, but would make a note of it. But, why did he have me attempt to bend forward, backward and to the sides. He also had me attempt to raise my arms. I got a partial result of my exam, and it indicates the I have Osteoarthritis of the Thoracic Spine. Did he exam my back, or was he doing another exam? The wait is killing me, and it has just started. Maybe, I should file for anxiety due to the Va taking so long.:biggrin:

Papa

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

mos - yes I did, but the examiner said that he was not checking my back. The VA denies that I injured my back in the service, but it is in my records.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

The Examiner did not want to spend the time or effort it seems, to do a complete back evaluation.

Evidently, something caught some attention, though.

The diagnosis of "Osteoarthritis of the Thoracic Spine" possibly leaves the door open if the VA made errors of certain kinds in the previous denial.

It can be the result of a previous injury, or/and sometimes age. (Web References)

A "General Exam" can cover just about anything the Examiner wants it to, along with whatever the current minimums are.

Generally, specific complaints by the veteran can be/should be addressed.

mos - yes I did, but the examiner said that he was not checking my back. The VA denies that I injured my back in the service, but it is in my records.

Papa

good luck, not only did my examiner do nothing but kind of look me over but then told me he concurred with service connection, measured my scar from back surgery. Told me and my wife we needed to get a dav rep to help us and that he would have his report filed in 3 days. Well now 2 months later we recieve denial letter, QTC examiner stated in his report my conditions were not service connected, that he saw nothing really wrong with me at all. I use a cane and walker, brace on right leg for dead foot due to neurological damage and he states nothing wrong with my gait while walking and on and on.Almost like it isnt even my report they are using but just my name on it.

I do Agree with everyone on this forum in reguards to obtaining an independant medical opinion,,,,do not rely on qtc. This is if you can afford to do so, if fully disabled and do not work such as me then maybe try to use your medicare to do so with a doctor who actually cares