Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

External Evidence Supporting Claim

Rate this question

fireforeffect

Question

Hi guys,

So I have a couple of claims in and as I am reviewing them through eBenefits, they both have a caveat that shows a date/time when treatment records were requested by the VA from a psychologist I saw outside of the VA around the middle of 2007. I've contacted this doctor several times and am still waiting for him to fax treatment records to my VSO group, the Military Order of the Purple Heart. His records are all that is needed to move forward with these claims. Since seeing him - again, back in 2007 - I have gone through an Inpatient PTSD program that highlights an increased severity for PTSD (including a GAF score of 44) and a bunch of other details that are current as I finished this program in October of this year.

I know that all evidence can strengthen a case but in the sake of time, can I just send my VSO a statement saying I have no further evidence to include and have them decide upon what is available (i.e. the inpatient treatment records from the PTSD program)? In other words, do the inpatient program records trump previous evidence in relevance? Or, should I keep bugging this doctor for my treatment records from '07?

Thanks in advance!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Yeah I wish I could. I hand delivered all other records except this one. But I'm just curious as to whether these records even matter. The hospitalization I went through should warrant an increase on those records alone. But, I could be wrong.

Thanks for the welcome.

Any other ways to fast-track a claim? Express claim or something like that? I'm still waiting for the temporary 100% from being in the hospital for 90+ days.

"Hurry up and wait."

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a existing rating for PTSD then you need evidence to show it has gotten worse. All treatment records from the VA and your private doctor should be sent to the VA.