Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pancreatitis

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I've just been diagnosed with acute/chronic pancreatitis, during a four day stay, at a local hospital. I'll file a claim tomorrow. I'm already SC for ETOH, so this should be a no-brainer. My local hospital called my VAMC and verified that "acute pancreatitis" is an emergency and I am eligible for the services. The VA person stated they should send the bill to them to process. We'll see what happens, there! Is anyone out there rated for pancreatitis?? If so, what code number and what percentage?? Thanks!

pr

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

"7347  Pancreatitis:With frequently recurrent disabling attacks of abdominal pain with few pain free intermissions and with steatorrhea, malabsorption, diarrhea and severe malnutrition100

With frequent attacks of abdominal pain, loss of normal body weight and other findings showing continuing pancreatic insufficiency between acute attacks60

Moderately severe; with at least 4–7 typical attacks of abdominal pain per year with good remission between attacks30

With at least one recurring attack of typical severe abdominal pain in the past year10

Note 1: Abdominal pain in this condition must be confirmed as resulting from pancreatitis by appropriate laboratory and clinical studies.Note 2: Following total or partial pancreatectomy, rate under above, symptoms, minimum rating 30 percent."

(Source Schedule of Ratings 38 USC)

You mentioned ETOH -did you mean SC under Allen V Principi?

There is medical evidence of association between diabetes mellituus and pancreatitis:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12120003

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I have pancreas disease.. I spent 6 months in the VA hospital (fighting for my life, was tube fed and lost all my body muscles..) for a pancreas operation and disease.. I had an 8 inch cyst on mine and 20 years of suffering..

I am currenlty in the appeal stages..

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, Berta! Not sure what you mean about Allen V Principi. I'm already SC for ETOH secondary to PTSD. Based on the above they'll probably give me 10%, which I'll, obviously, appeal. Thanks again and have a great Thanksgiving day!!!

pr

"7347  Pancreatitis:With frequently recurrent disabling attacks of abdominal pain with few pain free intermissions and with steatorrhea, malabsorption, diarrhea and severe malnutrition100

With frequent attacks of abdominal pain, loss of normal body weight and other findings showing continuing pancreatic insufficiency between acute attacks60

Moderately severe; with at least 4–7 typical attacks of abdominal pain per year with good remission between attacks30

With at least one recurring attack of typical severe abdominal pain in the past year10

Note 1: Abdominal pain in this condition must be confirmed as resulting from pancreatitis by appropriate laboratory and clinical studies.Note 2: Following total or partial pancreatectomy, rate under above, symptoms, minimum rating 30 percent."

(Source Schedule of Ratings 38 USC)

You mentioned ETOH -did you mean SC under Allen V Principi?

There is medical evidence of association between diabetes mellituus and pancreatitis:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12120003

I sure am sorry you went through this Philip- as it sounds very painful-

"Not sure what you mean about Allen V Principi."

" I'm already SC for ETOH secondary to PTSD."

Yes that is what I meant- ETOH as secondary to PTSD is compensable due to Allen V Principi.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

So far I've received a denial for these services about a month ago. Today, I received a notice they approved the services for the first day. I was admitted thru the ER and stayed 4 days, w/VA giving an oral/verbal approval when notified within 72 hrs, by the hospital social services dept. We'll see where it goes.

pr