VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Claim One Step Closer

Rate this topic

My TDIU claim was in limbo because my last employer (a federal agency) wasn't answering VA's request for a VA Form 21-4192, REQUEST FOR EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH CLAIM FOR DISABILITY BENEFITS. VA would request it, my former agency wouldn't respond (not even to say "dude, we're not filling that out"), VA would request it again in a month, my former agency wouldn't respond, etc. I had all the information right from my personnel file, but it wasn't laid out on the VA form so I was stuck.

The logjam is finally broken due to good fortune plus some effort on my part. The good fortune was that the HR chief at my former agency was willing to listen to my story and look at my documentation. The effort was compiling it all and demonstrating where her own agency records verified each answer. She transcribed the information to the appropriate blocks, signed off and faxed it off to VA. VA confirmed receipt and the development folks forwarded it to the rating board. Ebenefits now shows my claim moving forward from development to decision.

It took forever to put together, then I had to wait for a "good" day (moodwise) so I'd have the patience to go down there and interact with the bureaucrats. Hoping it will resolve favorably (a VA M.D. psychiatrist and a VA Psy.D. psychologist both found me unemployable and wrote strong support for their determinations), but at least it's moving again.

*deep breath*

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill -this is very good news that you took some positive steps on this.

I have read in some BVA decisions where BVA reminded the claimant that the claims process is not a "one way street" meaning there are things the claimant can and should do sometimes to move their claim forward.

I think some employers sometimes might feel a vet could sue them under the ADA if they were perhaps laid off and their SC had something to do with that.Not in your case here-

But in a case like that- a good face to face talk with the former employer could alleviate their anxiety when they get these employment forms for TDIU from the VA and then willingly fill them out.

You did good here!

Former employers can be like ex-lovers; there's no way a claim should be delayed due to their lack of response.

And the weight of getting them to respond shouldn't be on the vet's shoulders.

Let there be legal repercussions if they fail to respond in a timely manner.

just my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use