Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success From Waco Ro-Depression Claim

Rate this topic

ArmyTexas

Waco service connected my depression at 50%. I called the DAV on Monday, he gave me the verbal. Yesterday I received the letter from the DAV, and this morning the retro hit the bank account. Went from 80% to 90%. They deferred my request for consideration for Asthma claim (daily prednisone use) for further development. I can say this RO has been following the rating chart on all my claims. I opened this one on May 26, 2010 and got the Direct deposit on December 8, 2010. A little over 6 months and that was including adding the Asthma reconsideration on September 9, 2010.

DAV guy said they are working on NOD's submitted in Feb 2009 at this time if anyone has one with Waco.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great ! I assume you are still working and they did not consider TDIU due to that reason?

It is always good to see when the VA does a good job and they did it fast here.

The NOD time frame is about a year at Buffalo VARO so that is almost comparable to WACO.

Edited by Berta

Congratulations, this is good...Waco seems to be one of the harder RO's...I have been in a constant battle with them off and on for over 10 years....Enjoy the retro and hopefully they will grant your other claims...grid

• HadIt.com Elder

congrats I don't think Columbia SC VARO meets any of the time guidelines for anything just my opinion and experience

Thanks everybody. I should include that the Clinical psycholgist at the Dallas VAMC conducted a great exam. It took about 1 1/2 hours and she went straight by the checklist. She even looked at the documents I took with me and made notes about them. Her witeup was great. She covered all bases, work, home, social and wrote down everything I said, then at the end she recapped everything I said from the checklist.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use