Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting

Rate this question

OIF VET 844

Question

Claim start date: May 6th, arrived at the rating board October 20th...filed for financial hardship November 27th and now im still waiting someone please help me with this process!! called and got IRIS and they basically told me to continue to wait in the Little Rock RO..this is ridicoulous..my claims are left shoulder sublaxation with possible bony Bankart, bilateral patellar, Subscapularis tendonitis, Low back strain, and PTSD..someone please chime in on what they think about this process and possible percentage?!!! thanks

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

yes sir...the only thinkg i know is that my claim has been at the rating board since Oct. 20th and that I have been at the decision stage ever since then!! please advise

I know, just as many Veterans and their family members here do also, that it's very hard to wait and wait and wait. You already have the hardship request in, you can verify with IRIS that "hardship" has been attached to your claim file. Not sure if you have a VSO helping you out or not, but they may be able to find out where the claim is at. You can also contact your Congressman or Senators office and speak with their liasion person about the situation, they can put in an Inquiry for you, it should not hold your claim up since it's at the RO level and each RO has liasions who work with the Senators and Congressman on behalf of their States Veterans.

It seems like a long time when you are on the waiting end of a decision, many here have been doing just that for years. Having a hardship involved, whether it's financial or medical makes the wait even harder. It's like watching grass grow at a ski resort in winter. We filed my husbands claim 8 years ago and it took 6 of those to get him any sc and another 2 to finalize the rest as his claim ended up at the Board of Veterans Appeals. We had medical and financial hardship attached, the VSO we began with 8 years ago filed the claim and filed the appeal but in our case that was it. We elected to go solo and released the POA of the VSO. Many VSO's do a fine job, some not so fine. Ultimately it's your claim and you have to be involved as much as possible or, your spouse. After waiting 5 years for "something" I called our Congressman's office who saw my husband hadn't even had a C&P exam and that got the ball rolling .... but it took a very long time and just about took us to the outer limits. Believe me, the folks here on Hadit threw a life vest out to me more than once.

It appears that claims are moving through and if all of your evidence is in and solid, then hopefully there will be a decision very soon.

I hope these words help in any little way, no Veteran should have to wait and wait and wait.

We'll all be looking for that hopefully soon post on the Success thread from you !

Blessings to you and your family,

VetsLady

Edited by VetsLady

Hey thanks Vets Lady..that was very sound advice and i really do appreciate it!! I will contiue to wait and hopefully good things will happen!! Once again Thank you all!!

I know, just as many Veterans and their family members here do also, that it's very hard to wait and wait and wait. You already have the hardship request in, you can verify with IRIS that

"hardship" has been attached to your claim file. Not sure if you have a VSO helping you out or not, but they may be able to find out where the claim is at. You can also contact your

Congressman or Senators office and speak with their liasion person about the situation, they can put in an Inquiry for you, it should not hold your claim up since it's at the RO level and

each RO has liasions who work with the Senators and Congressman on behalf of their States Veterans.

It seems like a long time when you are on the waiting end of a decision, many here have been doing just that for years. Having a hardship involved, whether it's financial or medical makes

the wait even harder. It's like watching grass grow at a ski resort in winter. We filed my husbands claim 8 years ago and it took 6 of those to get him any sc and another 2 to finalize the

rest as his claim ended up at the Board of Veterans Appeals. We had medical and financial hardship attached, the VSO we began with 8 years ago filed the claim and filed the appeal but

in our case that was it. Many VSO's do a fine job, some not so fine. Ultimately it's your claim and you have to be involved as much as possible or, your spouse. After waiting 5 years for

"something" I called our Congressman's office who saw my husband hadn't even had a C&P exam and that got the ball rolling .... but it took a very long time and just about took us to the

outer limits. Believe me, the folks here on Hadit threw a life vest out to me more than once.

It appears that claims are moving through and if all of your evidence is in and solid, then hopefully there will be a decision very soon.

I hope these words help in any little way, no Veteran should have to wait and wait and wait.

We'll all be looking for that hopefully soon post on the Success thread from you !

Blessings to you and your family,

VetsLady

844- Your post just reminded me that my NOD will soon be one year old. Hang in there.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

It took me 5 and one half years. My advice is to work on your claim like it is a job but limit the time spent to an hour or two a day. Take the weekends and holidays off.

Hadits homepage is a gold mine and if you have questions feel free to use the forum.

Don't let this consume you but also don't ignore it. Continue to check and prod to move the claim along.

Mine finally broke when I sent an email to President Bill Clinton and I had won and was paid in less than 2 months. Many here say that this kind of pressure does not work but I am convinced it did for me.

Thanks Pete 53!! Apprecitate you all

It took me 5 and one half years. My advice is to work on your claim like it is a job but limit the time spent to an hour or two a day. Take the weekends and holidays off.

Hadits homepage is a gold mine and if you have questions feel free to use the forum.

Don't let this consume you but also don't ignore it. Continue to check and prod to move the claim along.

Mine finally broke when I sent an email to President Bill Clinton and I had won and was paid in less than 2 months. Many here say that this kind of pressure does not work but I am convinced it did for me.

VetsLady has the right of it, you have to keep working at it and is you have a POA (american legion, etc) use them! it's quicker than going the senator route. Although Congressionals are a priority case, pls bear in mind VA has MANY different priority cases right now, such as Nehmer (the hottest on the list now), GWOT, Homeless cases, pending over 1 yr cases, POW cases, etc. If everyone starts writing their Congressmen about the VA, we will just have a backlog of Congressionals. As for the percentages, it's hard to tell without seeing the results of the exam. If you are at the rating board stage, that is usually the best place to be, next to authorization. It means you're in the last run. Hang in there!