VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Atlanta Ro Simply Sucks

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

Well, Atlanta sure knows how to screw things up. On October 27, 2010 they sent me the VCAA which I responded to in detail and included all the medical information they asked for. I even sent the signed documents to allow my doctors to release my records. I found out in December that Atlanta never received my response even though I had sent to certified and the package was signed for. So, I sent another package in late December as I was told by IRIS and the 800# folks. Today on Ebenefits mu claim went to the "Decision Phase" with a very upsetting notice. In the "Date Closed" section in the "What we have Received" block is today's date. I click on the "?" icon an it states "A Date Entry in the Date Closed column means that our legal obligation to gather the evidence has expired and we have not received the information requested" So I called the 800# to find out what the deal was and I was told that the Atlanta RO hadn't received my reply to the VCAA and was going to decide my claim without it. That means they didn't request medical records or anything.

I sent the information twice and they GOT IT TWICE and lost it once. Now they are going to decide my claim without the information? That PISSES ME OFF>

Now I will have to appeal and it will take YEARS,

DON'T TELL ME THE VA DOESN'T SUCK BIG TIME!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

JHawks

I feel your pain know all about ATL. VARO and its undoing been there done that.

I dont know if they still have the phone system tied into through the GA. State Dept. of Vet Affairs when calling from out of state it goes through the state dont know why.

As for this facility they are very good at destroying or shall I say ( SPOLIATION OF RECORD ) .The FOIA Officer is some ACT.

As for the Director and Staff have been less than accomodating I still have an open appeall from 1998 Imagine .

My suggestion is find COUNSEL IMMEDIATELY. and Good Luck I am Glad I dont live in ATL. Didn't care for it much anyway (GOOD OL BOY SYNDROME.)My apologies to those whom feel I have offended them not my intent but is my reality while living in ATL.any way Keep On Keepin On.

we don't see records.... just a stack 100 feet high,, otherwise,,, we don't see c r a p 'VA'

Well, Atlanta sure knows how to screw things up. On October 27, 2010 they sent me the VCAA which I responded to in detail and included all the medical information they asked for. I even sent the signed documents to allow my doctors to release my records. I found out in December that Atlanta never received my response even though I had sent to certified and the package was signed for. So, I sent another package in late December as I was told by IRIS and the 800# folks. Today on Ebenefits mu claim went to the "Decision Phase" with a very upsetting notice. In the "Date Closed" section in the "What we have Received" block is today's date. I click on the "?" icon an it states "A Date Entry in the Date Closed column means that our legal obligation to gather the evidence has expired and we have not received the information requested" So I called the 800# to find out what the deal was and I was told that the Atlanta RO hadn't received my reply to the VCAA and was going to decide my claim without it. That means they didn't request medical records or anything.

I sent the information twice and they GOT IT TWICE and lost it once. Now they are going to decide my claim without the information? That PISSES ME OFF>

Now I will have to appeal and it will take YEARS,

DON'T TELL ME THE VA DOESN'T SUCK BIG TIME!

post-5809-0-68086000-1295569517_thumb.jp