VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

i got my decision today. it was heart wrenching to say the least. the memphis VA screwed me. the intern and her boss never put in my records i was not able to work due to on going prolonged exposure. i feel as if the va blew thru my claim and gave no regard to it at all. they sd i was able to "perform simple and repetitive tasks." it would cost me more in gas to go to work at a job like that. im going to retreat to my bed for an indefinite amount of time now. i am completely heartbroken over this.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"ive discussed it w/ dr xxx and we have decided it is not good for u to go to work at this point in time."

clw,

Forget anything with the danged intern.

dr.XXX is who you want something from.

I can't remember but it sounds like you are SC'd for PTSD, is this correct ?

Can you go to dr.XXX and get them to enter evidence into your progress notes

stating that due to your SC'd PTSD (mental health disability) you are not able to

hold substantial gainful employment ?

If not this then will they write into your progress notes that your occupational and social

impairments .......

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders:

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior;

persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living

(including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place;

memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name... 100

Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations,

judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals

which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure,

or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently,

appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence);

spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a work like setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships... 70

Directive for support in progress notes:

http://www1.va.gov/v...asp?pub_ID=1790

clw,

Forget anything with the danged intern.

dr.XXX is who you want something from.

I can't remember but it sounds like you are SC'd for PTSD, is this correct ?

Can you go to dr.XXX and get them to enter evidence into your progress notes

stating that due to your SC'd PTSD (mental health disability) you are not able to

hold substantial gainful employment ?

If not this then will they write into your progress notes that your occupational and social

impairments .......

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders:

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior;

persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living

(including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place;

memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name... 100

Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations,

judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals

which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure,

or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently,

appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence);

spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a work like setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships... 70

Directive for support in progress notes:

http://www1.va.gov/v...asp?pub_ID=1790

dr xxx is in memphis and we are now in virginia beach. i had tried calling her before and after we left memphis. she never calls back. i am going to talk with my current therapist about it and see if she can do anything. and you are correct. i am 70% for ptsd.

dr xxx is in memphis and we are now in virginia beach. i had tried calling her before and after we left memphis. she never calls back. i am going to talk with my current therapist about it and see if she can do anything. and you are correct. i am 70% for ptsd.

clw,

If you are SC'd at 70% due solely to PTSD - I would give a little push

to my current therapist. BTW - what is their pedigree ?

u know what....im honestly not sure. i *think* she is a social worker. for sure not a doctor of any sort.

the way i was understanding that i had to be a min of 60% for one or combined total of 70% for more than one. plus not be able to maintain substantially gainful employment due to my sc disability. is that correct? if so, then they clearly stated in my denial the following which would seem to indicate it is not possible to maintain employment:

"you experience persistent symptoms of increased arrousal manifested by difficulty with sleep, irritability, outbursts of anger, intermitten difficulty concentrating, hypervigilance and exaggerated startle response. the disturbance has impaired your social and occupational functioning."

clw,

If you are SC'd at 70% due solely to PTSD - I would give a little push

to my current therapist. BTW - what is their pedigree ?

u know what....im honestly not sure. i *think* she is a social worker. for sure not a doctor of any sort.

clw,

Find out if she is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), if she is

then she can be of help.

JMHO