Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

File Transfer To New Varo

Rate this question

adc7236

Question

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and decided to see if the more expereienced folks could provide me with some insight?

I retired in May 2010 from Colorado and moved to Indiana in June 2010. I contacted the Indianapolis DAV for assistance in filing a claim at that time, and appointed them as my representative.

In early Feb 2011 I noticed on ebenefits that my file had been transfered from Indianapolis to Denver. I called the 1-800 number and they could not tell me why. I emailed my DAV representative

and got a return phone call that I missed. They left a message for me and I quickly realized they would be of no help when they they stated they would look into it and try and speed my claim up. That is not

even what I asked for, nor do I think that is possible for them to speed up a claim. They have not gotten back to either. Don't get me wrong, I think the DAV is a great organization, just not all chapters are the same.

Here where I began to get concerned. I got a phone message from the Indiana VARO a few days ago stating they needed some informaiton from me and to call the 1-800 number where they could tell me what was needed.

When I called, all they wanted to do was verify my address which was correct in their system. I am concerned that they shipped my file to Denver thinking I still lived there (address is correct in their system) and my claim will be delayed further?? Why would the Indiana VARO

be contacting me after they had already transferred my file to Denver, where ebenefits list them as my new VARO?

Any insight would be appreciated as I no longer have faith in my local DAV and the 1800 # / ebenefits has no explanation. Thanks.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and decided to see if the more expereienced folks could provide me with some insight?

I retired in May 2010 from Colorado and moved to Indiana in June 2010. I contacted the Indianapolis DAV for assistance in filing a claim at that time, and appointed them as my representative.

In early Feb 2011 I noticed on ebenefits that my file had been transfered from Indianapolis to Denver. I called the 1-800 number and they could not tell me why. I emailed my DAV representative

and got a return phone call that I missed. They left a message for me and I quickly realized they would be of no help when they they stated they would look into it and try and speed my claim up. That is not

even what I asked for, nor do I think that is possible for them to speed up a claim. They have not gotten back to either. Don't get me wrong, I think the DAV is a great organization, just not all chapters are the same.

Here where I began to get concerned. I got a phone message from the Indiana VARO a few days ago stating they needed some informaiton from me and to call the 1-800 number where they could tell me what was needed.

When I called, all they wanted to do was verify my address which was correct in their system. I am concerned that they shipped my file to Denver thinking I still lived there (address is correct in their system) and my claim will be delayed further?? Why would the Indiana VARO

be contacting me after they had already transferred my file to Denver, where ebenefits list them as my new VARO?

Any insight would be appreciated as I no longer have faith in my local DAV and the 1800 # / ebenefits has no explanation. Thanks.

Prepare yourslef for this one. I have helped a couple of vets who used INDY. Both were treated to an adverse coctail of denials, Lost files, One even received another vets files mixed with his claim. When he tried to return them, he was almost arrested.

They may have moved your file to Denver to let them adjudicate the claim or it is another delay tatic.

I hope Denver keeps your file and adjudicates your claim there. I have absolutely zero faith in the Indy RO.

Your better off elsewhere.

J

There are 6 sattelite VAROs who are handling Agent Orange claims under Nehmer-

I am sure Denver is one of them.

Are you an AO veteran and is the claim for one of the new AO presumptives?

There are 6 sattelite VAROs who are handling Agent Orange claims under Nehmer-

I am sure Denver is one of them.

Are you an AO veteran and is the claim for one of the new AO presumptives?

No Berta, AO is not part of my claim.

Prepare yourslef for this one. I have helped a couple of vets who used INDY. Both were treated to an adverse coctail of denials, Lost files, One even received another vets files mixed with his claim. When he tried to return them, he was almost arrested.

They may have moved your file to Denver to let them adjudicate the claim or it is another delay tatic.

I hope Denver keeps your file and adjudicates your claim there. I have absolutely zero faith in the Indy RO.

Your better off elsewhere.

J

Thanks J for the heads up. I will hope for the best but expect the worse.

If they are "touching" your file you might be moving along. They recently remodeled and have initiated some new "team" concept work initiative issues. I hand carried copies of my C&P exams (performed aug2010) in mid sep2010 and they still have not ackowledged receipt of them from the local VAMC. My last IRIS request (mid feb-response yesterday) said they were working other cases and that I just had to wait for them to have time review my case to determine if it had enough "development"to send it to the rating board. At least you know where your package is....

I'm posting on a take off of this thread. I have just become aware of a VA system called "COVERS" the "Control of Veterans Records System" that is the internal tracking system for our C-files and other documents.

Does anyone know if the 1-800 number people have access to this system such that they could tell us where our record is at or when the last time it was card swiped? My file at Indy seems to have fallen off the face of the earth and no ebenefits updates since Sept2010

If they are "touching" your file you might be moving along. They recently remodeled and have initiated some new "team" concept work initiative issues. I hand carried copies of my C&P exams (performed aug2010) in mid sep2010 and they still have not ackowledged receipt of them from the local VAMC. My last IRIS request (mid feb-response yesterday) said they were working other cases and that I just had to wait for them to have time review my case to determine if it had enough "development"to send it to the rating board. At least you know where your package is....