VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

File Transfer To New Varo

Rate this question

adc7236

Question

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and decided to see if the more expereienced folks could provide me with some insight?

I retired in May 2010 from Colorado and moved to Indiana in June 2010. I contacted the Indianapolis DAV for assistance in filing a claim at that time, and appointed them as my representative.

In early Feb 2011 I noticed on ebenefits that my file had been transfered from Indianapolis to Denver. I called the 1-800 number and they could not tell me why. I emailed my DAV representative

and got a return phone call that I missed. They left a message for me and I quickly realized they would be of no help when they they stated they would look into it and try and speed my claim up. That is not

even what I asked for, nor do I think that is possible for them to speed up a claim. They have not gotten back to either. Don't get me wrong, I think the DAV is a great organization, just not all chapters are the same.

Here where I began to get concerned. I got a phone message from the Indiana VARO a few days ago stating they needed some informaiton from me and to call the 1-800 number where they could tell me what was needed.

When I called, all they wanted to do was verify my address which was correct in their system. I am concerned that they shipped my file to Denver thinking I still lived there (address is correct in their system) and my claim will be delayed further?? Why would the Indiana VARO

be contacting me after they had already transferred my file to Denver, where ebenefits list them as my new VARO?

Any insight would be appreciated as I no longer have faith in my local DAV and the 1800 # / ebenefits has no explanation. Thanks.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

ADC

I agree with Basser that INDY RO is not good, and loved his term "a coctail of denials". Its like they cant figure out how to deny you so they try multiple different denial concoctions, trying to find one that will stick. It is so true. First they denied my hearing loss because it had been a long time since military service. "Time since military service" is not one of the rating criteria, and they know it. They have to rate on criteria...they are not supposed to rate our claim based on the color of our carpet or how friendly we are with the VSO. When I pointed out I had a nexus by a VA audiologist, the BVA awarded Service connection. Then, it was one attempted denial after another, and all of them pretty much as bogus as the first attempted denial, pretty much based on "non criteria".

While I am unwilling to paint you a rosey picture when you are being bounced in between Indy and Denver, (some VSO's will paint you a cartoon picture of how long it will take to get your beneifts) I would strongly suggest you keep copies of everything you submit, and send it certified mail return reciept requested.

Some have said that farming your claim out to another RO is a delay tactic employed by the RO's, so I would not be suprised at them trying the same thing using the excuse, "Well I thought .....RO was your AOJ". The RO's uses the St. Louis fire as an excuse for decades, even for Vets who had service after the fire.