Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Couple Of Questions From A Rookie

Rate this question

dittybopper

Question

Hey all,

First of all thank you for your service to our great nation.

I have two questions that are very basic but I need to get them answered so I don,t trip myself up here.

1) I have a claim in for stress,anxiety etc... My C+P in her report she took the 30% defination right from the book and said it is more likely than not this is associated with another compensatable injury. My claim is currently in the rating board ( Accorfing to their letters they are backed up) so I am playing the waiting game. Then Friday I got a letter from my regional office titled A summary of benefits and it reviewed the 40% I am compensated at now. Is this a signal that they are going to make a decision that is not in my favor or just a coincidence?

2) I am rated at 10% bilateral knee for retropallete syndrome. I have appealed this (this is stuck behind the stress claim right now) because I had to stop my job and go on to OWCP. They as their procedure goes sent me to a referee Doctor to make a final determination as to my case. He states that due to the conditions of my knees there is no way I can continue in my job. I had surgery (on my OWCP insurance that was attempting to fix the knee problem. The surgery failed. So now this Doctor states that due to my knees verified by a Work Capacity examination I am under permanet restrictions now that allow me to work 4 hours a day sitting only and I can reach above my shoulders. Can this be used a viable medical evidence on my appeal on my ratings for my knees?

I appreciate any help y'all can be in helping get my head straight here.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"The surgery failed. So now this Doctor states that due to my knees verified by a Work Capacity examination I am under permanet restrictions now that allow me to work 4 hours a day sitting only and I can reach above my shoulders. Can this be used a viable medical evidence on my appeal on my ratings for my knees?"

This is god evidencxe for a higher rating but this would not support a TDIU claim.

• In Memoriam

I recieved the same summary letter about my percentage...I don't know why they are sending this out...Maybe they thought we forgot...

It looks like the summary letter is just a standard form with questions answered about our disabilities..