VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Parkinson Disease

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Just wanted to make sure that other Vietnam Veterans are aware that Parkinsons is also presumptive to agent orange. It is dx code 8004, and the min. rate is 30%. But, what I don't understand is that in the VA's own web-site is says this is a "progressive" disease. It is not going to get better. Will they start us off at 30%, and once it progresses, we might get 40% (after maybe a years wait), and while we wait for the 10% increase it again gets worse, we then put in for another increase, and the beat goes on.................................. If, the Va those that a disease is progressive, why would they not rate this at 100%? Why would they make a veteran go through all of this (I know, because they can). Look at all the man-hours and time they would save on such dieases. JMHO.

Papa

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I think that is why the vet at the PAN link I posted here some time ago said it would be rated at 100%.I dont know where he got that idea but it makes sense.

When you think about it just about every AO disability will get worse in time.What you said makes a lot of sense but it would break the VA bank.

it's like cancer....just becuz you have it doesnt necessarily mean you are exhibiting all the symptoms. Parkinson's becomes debilitating over time, but at varying degrees for different ppl, therefore the rating is to reflect the current level of disability. Heck, I'm all for giving every vet the 2000 bux straight & call it a day...sure I'd be out of a job, but it would be easier. Then again, I;'m applying logic to a federal agency...BAD Veldrina, BAD! oil & water!

Just wanted to make sure that other Vietnam Veterans are aware that Parkinsons is also presumptive to agent orange. It is dx code 8004, and the min. rate is 30%. But, what I don't understand is that in the VA's own web-site is says this is a "progressive" disease. It is not going to get better. Will they start us off at 30%, and once it progresses, we might get 40% (after maybe a years wait), and while we wait for the 10% increase it again gets worse, we then put in for another increase, and the beat goes on.................................. If, the Va those that a disease is progressive, why would they not rate this at 100%? Why would they make a veteran go through all of this (I know, because they can). Look at all the man-hours and time they would save on such dieases. JMHO.

Papa

I know that I'm beating a dead horse, but I just don't get the VA's logic. I thought the DOD had no logic, but the VA beats the DOD all the he**. So, the VA will start off a Vet with a progressive disease at 30 percent. As soon as he gets that award, he gets worse, another claim for an increase (should take about a year) in the mean time he gets even worse, so in goes another claim and like I said in my other post below, the beat goes on and on and on. How much man-hours and money is the VA wasting on these type of claims when they know eventually the Vet will progress to 100 percent. They could be working other Veteran's claims. BTW, Veldrina, welcome back, and yes, I am a pain in the a##. I'll ask the wife if I'm a pain. She keeps nodding her head up and down, she is not funny anymore.

Papa

LOL Papa! :) S'ok, my director thinks I'm a huge pain in the ass, esp. after arguing with her for a few hours today aout "what's wrong with VA"...i don;t think she likes me now wink.gif

I understand what you're saying, & like i said, we could cut the middle man out by just paying eery vet with an honoralbe discharge a lump sum & so be it...would prolly save resources in the end, even if it means I'm out of a job. But then trying to apply logic to anything federal is like trying to get to pet a pissed off badger.

I know that I'm beating a dead horse, but I just don't get the VA's logic. I thought the DOD had no logic, but the VA beats the DOD all the he**. So, the VA will start off a Vet with a progressive disease at 30 percent. As soon as he gets that award, he gets worse, another claim for an increase (should take about a year) in the mean time he gets even worse, so in goes another claim and like I said in my other post below, the beat goes on and on and on. How much man-hours and money is the VA wasting on these type of claims when they know eventually the Vet will progress to 100 percent. They could be working other Veteran's claims. BTW, Veldrina, welcome back, and yes, I am a pain in the a##. I'll ask the wife if I'm a pain. She keeps nodding her head up and down, she is not funny anymore.

Papa

Veldrina,

First I have a Weinie dog that would wup that old Badger. I'm not saying to give every honorable discharged Veteran a lump sum of money. Veterans with progressive diseases should not have to go back and forth everytime the disease gets worse. To me this just cloggs up the system.

Papa