Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long At The Rating Board?

Rate this question

Franks

Question

Hello all, I am new to the site but have known about it for sometime. I was recently awarded Service connection for Bipolar disorder from the BVA and receive the award letter. However, there was not rating given. So after some research I realize that the next step in the process is for it to be sent back to the VARO in Tampa. So my questions are:

1. How long does it usually takes for the VA to come to a rating decision?

2. What are the typical rating given to someone with bipolar?

Thanks.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I wouldn't assume anything, Dean. I prepared my claim like a thesis paper, with 18 pages cross-referenced to included medical records and bullet point summation. If Id thought a Flip cam video would have helped, i'd have done that too. I'm currently on appeal for that claim, submitted in August, denied in October 2010.

Good luck, Dean.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Mine has been through three remands from CAVC up and back in 4 and 1/2 years. My social security disability records alone number 255 pages. It is also secondary to a primary for which I currently have a 30% rating. Three IMOs are offered in my behalf..

The sad part to all of this is that you come to realize an honest review is not part of the process. You are guilty until proven innocent........

Where are you in the process? Were you denied?

I wouldn't assume anything, Dean. I prepared my claim like a thesis paper, with 18 pages cross-referenced to included medical records and bullet point summation. If Id thought a Flip cam video would have helped, i'd have done that too. I'm currently on appeal for that claim, submitted in August, denied in October 2010.

Good luck, Dean.

Sorry. I see you were denied. Are there medical records from your service time that support your claim?

Mine has been through three remands from CAVC up and back in 4 and 1/2 years. My social security disability records alone number 255 pages. It is also secondary to a primary for which I currently have a 30% rating. Three IMOs are offered in my behalf..

The sad part to all of this is that you come to realize an honest review is not part of the process. You are guilty until proven innocent........

Where are you in the process? Were you denied?