Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Benefits

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

E-benefits, I have done some research on if I am eligible or not for an account or not but can not wrap my brain around it at this time (Not getting much sleep these days) could someone please help?

I don’t have a rating at this time, did have an honorable discharge from active duty. I just filed my compensation claim not to long ago. It went to the Huntington WV office, I am looking for how I can check up on it to make sure they got it, e-benifets looked like the easiest way.

I filed my claim thru the WV Department of Veteran Affairs; they are state paid employees and represent a handful of agencies (DAV, AL, Marine Corps League and a host of others). They filed my claim representing me thru the American Legion.

I interviewed both officers there and was not totally satisfied with them. So I wanted to check up on them and make sure my claim made it to HVAMC.

It seemed like I knew more about the process from the research I have done on this site then they did, I only used them because if I have to appeal they will send a national representative to represent me. I basic built my own case they just turned it in for me, and when I recommended Hadit.com to them I they said was they don’t recommend internet site’s because you cant believe any of them. I did not fill like arguing so I just let it pass.

The only thing they said was that my case was weak in the IMA area. I explained that I don’t have money to pay for a doctor since I left the service. Our last son was born with some problems and had a lengthy hospital stay on two occasions. My wife has not worked a day since; I have foreclosed a house and lost a car and am awaiting a court date in bankruptcy court.

Any suggestion on how I should check up on this would be appreciated; I know all of these questions have been asked before so thanks for answering them all one more time.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You could make an IRIS request at:

https://iris.custhelp.com/

Or call VA at 1-800-827-1000

you will probably need to use 1,2,3,1,0 on your phone before you reach a VA phone rep who can verify whether VA got the claim yet.At least that is what works here in NY.

The VA will prompt you via robot for the phone buttons you need to use and you might have along wait time.I use phone headset when I call them. Last week they said could be 15 minute wait but it was only about 5-6 minutes.

. "So I wanted to check up on them and make sure my claim made it to HVAMC."

No , it should have gone to the Regional office not a VAMC.

Sometimes claims sit in VA mail rooms for weeks.

I sure would double check they got it however.

Edited by Berta

I believe that any vet is elgible for an ebenefit account. My wife signed up for one as a vet with no VA claim. It's easy to do. Apply on-line and visit your local RO for in-person verification. Once that is complete, you should have full access within 24 hours (at least that's what happened for us).

Travis

WVSERVER,

I'm sorry to hear of your financial difficulties; it's a familiar story to many of us and we feel your pain.

Please don't be too proud to take advantage of any and all community and veterans assistance services including food stamps, food pantries, day care, medical & dental, utility assistance etc

They all have caveats you must meet and learn but, if you have more time than money, some are usually worth it.

From eBenefits:

"This portal is designed for Wounded Warriors, Veterans, Service Members, their families, and their caregivers. We invite you to explore eBenefits and become a registered user"

It's best to go to the VA and get the in-person authentication done for deeper access on eBenefits. It can be a little frustrating and only gives you certain information which may not be up to date.

I've found IRIS to be more helpful in getting answers. IRIS- Ask a Question link

Hang in there! :smile: