Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Outh There Develop Numbness In Handa After Lumbar Fusion

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hey a little off topic but I enlisted with curvature of upper spine in my medical records as well as the fact it is noticiable. I had DDD of spine and injuries of the back to present day post Lumabr spine fusion SC I had hoped would help but it is not looking too good. My problems now is my hands stay numb and I was told by another patient while waiting for my monthly meds that her lower back after fusion (we both had 3 disc fused) effected her upper back and neck area causing instability and and problems. I am only asking for those that might have an idea or thoughts. My back is SC for injuries to lumbar and DDD. My worry is another surgery I do not have anyone to help me. I am own my own. I am thinking that if my lower back was fused the weak upper back is made weaker. I am not a medical professoinal just agrivated.Thanks..

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I have C5 and C6 fused in my neck yes numbness constantly and dropping things all the time weakness. but do have lumbar issues as well,but not fused yet.

• HadIt.com Elder

Numbness in hands are likely due to cervical since those nerves come from that area. I get numbness, prickly feeling and electrical shocks.

I also get a numb feeling from the waist down from the lumbar DDD/DJD

Allan

Edited by allan

• HadIt.com Elder

Lordosis is a normal attribute of the cervical spine. That is the curve. What you dont want to see is a straightening of the lordosis.

Jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.