Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Evidence

Rate this question

jan

Question

New Evidence needed . I sent the VA everything except my kids and grandchildren. How do I get new evidence???????????

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why do you need "new evidence"? Was a claim denied? Or, did you make a claim, and the VA sent you a letter saying that there was no evidence, etc.?

(I had gotten such a form letter, when my file was over 800 pages, an SSA determination of total disability was in my file, and medical records proved that I have a disability that is to be rated at 100%.)

The only way that you can get new evidence is to go and get treated. If you have been treated recently and VA does not have your recent treatment records you can send them in as new evidence.

Edited by pete992

• HadIt.com Elder

Treatment records or an IMO are the best new evidence. There is all kinds of new evidence such as lost service records recently found etc.

I have sent all. treatment records plus IMO to no avail. I am now getting the run around. They never ask for anything and yesterday I got the surprise package.

I hope those asses in New Orleans don't get their paychecks because they sure as H--- aren't doing the Vet any favors. This includes the DAV. I have been fighting them since

1992. Long time to try and keep your sanity.

New Orleans office sucks for ratings and I have been told by a doctor have one of the highest remand percentage in the nation due to flawed exams or regional not even rating based off of the exam. In my opinion I would send them a letter stating all evidence has been sent in and now they have to rate if it is a open claim. If they denied I would appeal and shoot straight for the Board of Veteran Appeals.I live in this state and it took a Bva appeal to get my initial 10% and I am in another appeal for a increase. Health care I receive is very good but the claims people suck. I personally use a congress critter to keep a eye on my claim. They seem to follow the rules knowing he has my claim access. His name was given to me by my Lafayette clinic doctor. Contact Charles Boustany's office in Lafayette if you are interested in using him. He prefers you to send him a complete copy of everything you send to the Va so he can attack it being well informed. He is also a doctor who use to work in Va hospitals so he likes to help veterans.