VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Automobile Special Adaptive Equipment

Rate this question

Rich T

Question

I just bought my 5th SA vehicle in 10 years. This time they are allowing leather seats (due to my loss of bowel and bladder - skin problems) and power doors. An item that is often overlooked is the$150 cell phone allowance with each vehicle {See VHA Handbook 1173.4 (14 f - h)}.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I get $150 for each auto, as long as the new phone purchase is made in the approximate time of the auto purchase.

Edited by Rich T

I get $150 for each auto, as long as the new phone purchase is made in the approximate time of the auto purchase.

If it is authorized for each auto then it should not matter when you apply for it .. for example when I bought my truck in dec 1999, it did not come with cruse control so after 3 months I had it put in, and the va reinbursed me...

Thanks Rich T for the info. Where can I find more info about the auto program. VAMC doc said to look into it, it would help me with ADL. I was just led in to the program last week and have some great tools from it and would like to see more programs.