Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should Your Vso Have A C-File Copy?

Rate this question

autumn

Question

if i've asked this prior, well, i can't remember.

i would like to know whether it is standard protocol for your VSO to have a copy of your c-file.

if it is standard protocol and the VSO doesn't have a copy what would be next step?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your VSO should request a copy. He should get the full copy and not the one the VA sends you. My lawyer has my true copy of my C-File and your VSO is your lawyer. I bet he/she is too lazy to read your file.

• HadIt.com Elder

Most VSO's do not keep Veterans records. They usually help Veteran fill out forms and forward info to the VA. I know that they can certify marriage licenses and other valuable originals and send to VARO so Vet does not have to let the VA have originals.

There is no reason that a SO would have C file

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Your VSO should request a copy. He should get the full copy and not the one the VA sends you. My lawyer has my true copy of my C-File and your VSO is your lawyer. I bet he/she is too lazy to read your file.

that was what i was thinking. can you see why i write here as i do?

they tell me to just sit back and wait, give the VA the benefit of the doubt, don't file any other claims, even not related to MS, no comment on why the secondary exams haven't been ordered, and insinuate i'm the one holding up things.

something just feels amiss here to me,

thanks -- at least i know i'm not imagining things -- you think the same

Most VSO's do not keep Veterans records. They usually help Veteran fill out forms and forward info to the VA. I know that they can certify marriage licenses and other valuable originals and send to VARO so Vet does not have to let the VA have originals.

There is no reason that a SO would have C file

with all due respect, i don't see how a SO can know if the VA raters are getting the picture if the SO doesn't know what is in the c-file backing up the claim. how can the SO verify the raters do the right thing?

honestly, that makes no sense to me

• HadIt.com Elder

with all due respect, i don't see how a SO can know if the VA raters are getting the picture if the SO doesn't know what is in the c-file backing up the claim. how can the SO verify the raters do the right thing?

honestly, that makes no sense to me

In the VA world what does make sense. All I know I was shocked to learn that letters, IMO's and other paperwork was not kept by the VSO. In fact anything you give them they forward to the VARO

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

In the VA world what does make sense. All I know I was shocked to learn that letters, IMO's and other paperwork was not kept by the VSO. In fact anything you give them they forward to the VARO

i recently found that out too, which is why my most recent writings here on hadit.com

i really don't understand how a SO can even speak to me about my claim(s) if SO doesn't have that c-file. have the veteran org's sided with the VA for political reasons? i guess that covers the SO's rear when he says, "can't discuss it, as i don't have vets c-file here".

so SO's no longer view med records or anything? they just write a couple paragraph note to VA on a letter head and say we're doing all we can? makes no sense to me. but as you say, the VA bizzaro world is too much for me to comprehend.

i know SO's don't have the space to store this stuff, but i don't see how they can fairly represent a client without that info.