Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So Frustrated

Rate this question

Gmaan23

Question

So I put in my claim for schizoaffective bipolar type back in October of 2010. Have everything from behavioral health c and p exam and SSA records already in place. The Oakland RO has been telling me that it is still in development stage. I don't know what to do besides mailbox watch and va 800 hassle. Almost at my wits end, any suggestion for what to do? My dad and mom tell me just read a book go exercise hang out with buddies or talk to social worker/ counselors. What else should I do?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You are all right. Thank u all for the feedback. I actually started working out everyday and since I am already am on social security I do have somewhat of fun just going to the movies with friends and also go get out of the house and grab a cup of coffee at the local Starbucks. I really started to stress out last month really bad because I was expecting it to come in but after a while and deep prayer and guidance from my dad who was in the same boat five years ago when he got out of the army after four years in the marines and about 18 in the army just told me to go read books exercise watch tv, anything to get my mind off of it. I just pray everyday and am thankful that I have a great support system with friends and family along with a great support system with all of you on HadIt. I can breathe better now that all of you have given me such positive feedback. I hope to hear more.

Great to hear it. Also, keep posting as to how your daily activities are helping you. Others will benefit from just reading about how your positive outlook and working on what interests you can help you learn new ways to deal with stress, anxiety, etc. Keep the faith!

I actually woke up this morning and worked out. Couldn't run due to the rain and weather but I plan on doing that in the morning. Prayed got ready for the day and now I feel really good because of the posts I read this morning on HadIt.