Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

? St Louis Va Process Center

Rate this question

CplCherokee

Question

Id like to think im a patient person but getting those form ltrs once in awhile stateing Claim in Process is getting old,lol. Im at 80%. Got a question for my fellow Vets Ive appealed for IU from orig filling of nov 09, and waiting on deceision from a C and P on A&A that took place nov 10. was told maybe within 6 months on that. in regards to the IU , i havent worked since my stroke in nov 09, but my PCP didnt put the right paperwork in in time for IU, so when i was upgraded to 80% from 10% i didnt get IU, but i did get temp housebound. and now of course ive since applied for A&A since my wife is off work and taking care of me. my question is. with AA what sort of $$ could i be looking at??. and is there any general timeline , ie 6 months?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit

$ 3143 a month is what I get for 100% and an S rating.

Good Luck on your claim.

To get A&A is not that easy. Just cause your wife is taking care of you that is not enough. An S rating is for P&T plus 60% in ratings or housebound due to agoraphobia

I sure dont mean that you or anyone with a CVA is a danger to others-

I was not able to edit or even delete my post here to state this in a better way.

A CVA can profoundly alter anyone who already has PTSD or depression etc and this was documented within my husband's medical records as an excerbation of his PTSD.

I guess it makes the point that A & A is a benefit very unique to the circumstances and relies on whether the CVA is directly SCed.

Good it was deleted-

Are you service connected for your CVA?

The Aid and Attendance regs do not require that all of the criteria have to be met.

In my A & A claim I gave testimony as to certain things that I witnessed but could support with documented evidence from the VA or other sources as to meeting some of the Aid and Attendance Requirements.

Id like to think im a patient person but getting those form ltrs once in awhile stateing Claim in Process is getting old,lol. Im at 80%. Got a question for my fellow Vets Ive appealed for IU from orig filling of nov 09, and waiting on deceision from a C and P on A&A that took place nov 10. was told maybe within 6 months on that. in regards to the IU , i havent worked since my stroke in nov 09, but my PCP didnt put the right paperwork in in time for IU, so when i was upgraded to 80% from 10% i didnt get IU, but i did get temp housebound. and now of course ive since applied for A&A since my wife is off work and taking care of me. my question is. with AA what sort of $ could i be looking at??. and is there any general timeline , ie 6 months?

My C&P for A&A was Nov 17, and still in decision stage, so now I know I still have a good wait. I was told it was normally 6 months, and since my claim went into the rating board early December, I figure I should hear something sometime in June/July....hopefully! My C&P exam showed vision at 5/200 or worse, both eyes, but I'm not SC for eyesight, unless they consider it part of the MS. I do have a caregiver, and in the past few years have paid out of pocket for caregivers. I'm hoping I get the A&A!

Oh, I'm also through the St. Louis VARO

Edited by WAC-Vet75

• HadIt.com Elder

If I had lots of potential retro or difficult SMC I would look for a lawyer. These guys often know doctors who can write it up so it passes. I had a lawyer for another matter whose wife had been a shrink at the VA. I went to her and my claim took wing. The VA accepted it lock, stock and two smoking barrels. They were praising her report in the decision letter. It is not what is wrong with you as much as who is looking after your interests.