Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Cases Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

When did the old Nehmer cases start delaying the regular claims processes? As it has been stating that the old Nehmer cases are supposed to be completed this month, I am trying to calculate the start and finish date to come up with the total month in delay from the regular claims to give A rough estimate on the completion date of my current claim compared to my claims that were decided last year. Don't know if this makes a since to anyone. If in fact this is true, I would expect a serious dent in all the regular claims, however I doubt very seriously if they are just about done from what the the 800# and a iris report stated the other day. Could be they are talking about new claims and the nehmer claims causing the delay. Nehmer claims must have been pretty complicated and took 2-3 times long to completes vs regular claims. I am surprised of getting a IRIS letter 3 days after the 800# generated one for me as The VA stopped responding to IRIS request unless multiple request were submitted. MAybe everything is starting to get back to the 28 day decision stage! Previous claims took 7-9 months start to finish.

Are most of the claims decisions that folks are posting here are they the Nehmer claims? If so, I'm really happy you guys are finally get your decision. Cause I know once they take care of you all, I'll be next in the line. :rolleyes:

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The Nehmer letter involves his exposure to Agent Orange and, as it states, their is potentially some retroactive benefits due his heirs.

We have lots of Nehmer info in our Agent Orange forum here along with the contact information for NVLSP (Pro Bono lawyers who won the Beverly Nehmer Class Action case.

."When do you think I will hear back from them?"

It is hard to say- The initial deadline for re-adjudicating these new Nehmer claims was Oct 2011 and then it was yesterday.

But they are still working on them.

Apparently the VA has all of the medical info they need in his C file.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.