Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Cases Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

When did the old Nehmer cases start delaying the regular claims processes? As it has been stating that the old Nehmer cases are supposed to be completed this month, I am trying to calculate the start and finish date to come up with the total month in delay from the regular claims to give A rough estimate on the completion date of my current claim compared to my claims that were decided last year. Don't know if this makes a since to anyone. If in fact this is true, I would expect a serious dent in all the regular claims, however I doubt very seriously if they are just about done from what the the 800# and a iris report stated the other day. Could be they are talking about new claims and the nehmer claims causing the delay. Nehmer claims must have been pretty complicated and took 2-3 times long to completes vs regular claims. I am surprised of getting a IRIS letter 3 days after the 800# generated one for me as The VA stopped responding to IRIS request unless multiple request were submitted. MAybe everything is starting to get back to the 28 day decision stage! Previous claims took 7-9 months start to finish.

Are most of the claims decisions that folks are posting here are they the Nehmer claims? If so, I'm really happy you guys are finally get your decision. Cause I know once they take care of you all, I'll be next in the line. :rolleyes:

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The government said I would be covered for my heart disease as of 2005, but I did not meet the criterea of the baseline, even though I was on a transplant list at Kaiser Medical. they gave me an award of 0/0

No compensation, My VSO filed a CUE and that is the last I've heard of it. Thanks for the concern...

I wish all of you the best. I really believe my Psychiatric Condition precludes me from active intelligent participation.

I have an attorney in Washington DC. She said she would take the case anytime I said.......but my VSO said....and pay 20% of your millions, are you crazy ? I said I was PTSD....what do you expect, Mood swings are like Tarzan in the jungle, one day you reach for the vine, it just isn't there.

Thankyou all for the commentsPunch in my ronp and read all about it

yes it is a Nemyr claim.

Ive written enough here,the past is history, the future is in question.

Ron Prince

Edited by RonP

"I have received no piece of paper from the VA that has notified me I am in the Nemeyr group or under any consideration , but I did get a letter from the Nemyer attnys saying I was on a secret list"

Basically that is how VA is treating many of us.If NVLSP says we are under Nehmer, then VA has to follow that up.A Rep in another state told me 2 widows came to him last week with Nehmer Letters from the VA.

It was the first they heard of potential retro for anything.These letters are slow to arrive.I got mine in May. Filed for IHD initially in 1995.

I had no idea you had a CUE pending.I didnt understand that from your past posts here.

This is what is causing my IHD claim to take longer.They have to resolve the IHD CUE first- at least this is what an IRIS or someone said.

When VA put my CUE claim under Nehmer they never sent me anything to let me know that.They never acknowledged my AUg 2010 formal claim either.

But once my claim went to Nehmer Phila, I got 2 IRIS responses from the VSM there indicating proper status of both of the claims they have under Nehmer.

It was the most detailed info I ever got from IRIS. I made the point with my NVLSP claim contact that these IRISes were all I had received-nothing from the RO at all.

They (NVLSP) asked in the lengthy questionnaire email they sent me if the VA had ever acknowledged my IHD claims so I told them I only had the IRIS responses, which were put into my C file.Then I got the formal letter in March.

In my opinion, since these Nehmer VA employees were intensively trained- I think they are finding many errors in past VA decisions which the new AOs have directed them too.The older decisions and their SOCs SSOC etc have to be carefully gone over-as well as the med recs- to determine a proper retro rating and date.

For many of us long term claimants I think this might be the first time our past claims were ever properly reviewed.

But that all takes time.I have seen 2 exit dates mentioned on the net for Nehmer- end of May and end of Nov. Don't know if either one is actually reasonable.

As always, thank you for your support and clarification.

There is another ugly twist in my case, I had Amnesia.

I cannot provide the government with all they want.

I did not even really know I was a Marine until I woke

up from the Anastesia after a 4 way bypass , and was cursing all the Dr's

for letting me live. I had been seeing a Shrink about bad dreams and memories,

for over 20 years prior to that, the VA has all that.

but I was not aware of the reasoning until 911.

I went ballistic and did not know why. My x wife did not even know I had been in the service

until I scared her badly one night and she had a background check done on me.

The only mention was a clash with a game warden that arrested me for killing 20 deer in less than a minute.

Fortunately he was a vet and let me go, this was in Texas during deer hunting season. I thought they were all VC.

I forgot after that incident again, while I was in Nam I shot 2 guys sleeping on guard duty as we were being attacked by sappers.

I was just returning from an ambush. I was arested the next morning and they sent me to a naval hospital in Yukuska Japan for 3 months,

loaded me up on Thorazine, and sent me back to my old unit......I won't go into the details but it was not pleasant.

Here is the kicker, there is not one shred of document relating to this in my record, military or civilian, or Marine Medical.

Why was this hidden away ? I claimed they were stoned on free heroin. 25% of the camp was on drugs. Is it do not embarrass the USMC..... ?

I am full of cookie crumbs I can't explain. But my current shrink believes it..... someone is listening for the first time since 67.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the time line......I think mine may go beyond. My VA Rep says it has been on someones desk for over a month now..... in San Diego, is this really possible ?

Remember I am in the Philippines different VA laws here. Different play book.

Thank you Sincerely for explaining it to me.

Ron Prince

thatdoughboy@gmail.com

"I have received no piece of paper from the VA that has notified me I am in the Nemeyr group or under any consideration , but I did get a letter from the Nemyer attnys saying I was on a secret list"

Basically that is how VA is treating many of us.If NVLSP says we are under Nehmer, then VA has to follow that up.A Rep in another state told me 2 widows came to him last week with Nehmer Letters from the VA.

It was the first they heard of potential retro for anything.These letters are slow to arrive.I got mine in May. Filed for IHD initially in 1995.

I had no idea you had a CUE pending.I didnt understand that from your past posts here.

This is what is causing my IHD claim to take longer.They have to resolve the IHD CUE first- at least this is what an IRIS or someone said.

When VA put my CUE claim under Nehmer they never sent me anything to let me know that.They never acknowledged my AUg 2010 formal claim either.

But once my claim went to Nehmer Phila, I got 2 IRIS responses from the VSM there indicating proper status of both of the claims they have under Nehmer.

It was the most detailed info I ever got from IRIS. I made the point with my NVLSP claim contact that these IRISes were all I had received-nothing from the RO at all.

They (NVLSP) asked in the lengthy questionnaire email they sent me if the VA had ever acknowledged my IHD claims so I told them I only had the IRIS responses, which were put into my C file.Then I got the formal letter in March.

In my opinion, since these Nehmer VA employees were intensively trained- I think they are finding many errors in past VA decisions which the new AOs have directed them too.The older decisions and their SOCs SSOC etc have to be carefully gone over-as well as the med recs- to determine a proper retro rating and date.

For many of us long term claimants I think this might be the first time our past claims were ever properly reviewed.

But that all takes time.I have seen 2 exit dates mentioned on the net for Nehmer- end of May and end of Nov. Don't know if either one is actually reasonable.

Im new to this site,not sure how this all works but I could use some help with this Nehmer letter I recieved in the mail concerning my father and Agent Orange,I knew my dad was a Vet but I didn't know about this.We are all listed in his files or records she said, I have 2 other brothers but I don't know them just thier names anyways I called the number they gave me last month,they said they would notify Waco,and I would be ready for step 2 I've met with my dad maybe 6 times , I was told he went to a mental Hospital after Vietnam and he had many problems.When I met him face to face for the first time I asked him what happen,wrong question I was only 21 or 22 he didn't say much but he did say he drove big trucks.When do you think I will hear back from them? my dad died in 2008.Any help would be great.He was a good man wish i would have known him better.

Im new to this site,not sure how this all works but I could use some help with this Nehmer letter I recieved in the mail

Vets Son,

Welcome.

It would be better for you to start a new topic with your questions.