Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Cases Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

When did the old Nehmer cases start delaying the regular claims processes? As it has been stating that the old Nehmer cases are supposed to be completed this month, I am trying to calculate the start and finish date to come up with the total month in delay from the regular claims to give A rough estimate on the completion date of my current claim compared to my claims that were decided last year. Don't know if this makes a since to anyone. If in fact this is true, I would expect a serious dent in all the regular claims, however I doubt very seriously if they are just about done from what the the 800# and a iris report stated the other day. Could be they are talking about new claims and the nehmer claims causing the delay. Nehmer claims must have been pretty complicated and took 2-3 times long to completes vs regular claims. I am surprised of getting a IRIS letter 3 days after the 800# generated one for me as The VA stopped responding to IRIS request unless multiple request were submitted. MAybe everything is starting to get back to the 28 day decision stage! Previous claims took 7-9 months start to finish.

Are most of the claims decisions that folks are posting here are they the Nehmer claims? If so, I'm really happy you guys are finally get your decision. Cause I know once they take care of you all, I'll be next in the line. :rolleyes:

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have been waiting since 1993

I have not received a letter of any kind or a phone call from anyone except my VA Rep.

For all I know he could be stringing me along all this time. Now if you should start running out of patience, because your claim has not been settled yet, then I suggest

you go to a confessional somewhere. I too am quite weary of this whole process, and on a number of occasions have called it the greatest scam on earth.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this comment, but sometimes I get diaper rash.

Ron Prince

When did the old Nehmer cases start delaying the regular claims processes? As it has been stating that the old Nehmer cases are supposed to be completed this month, I am trying to calculate the start and finish date to come up with the total month in delay from the regular claims to give A rough estimate on the completion date of my current claim compared to my claims that were decided last year. Don't know if this makes a since to anyone. If in fact this is true, I would expect a serious dent in all the regular claims, however I doubt very seriously if they are just about done from what the the 800# and a iris report stated the other day. Could be they are talking about new claims and the nehmer claims causing the delay. Nehmer claims must have been pretty complicated and took 2-3 times long to completes vs regular claims. I am surprised of getting a IRIS letter 3 days after the 800# generated one for me as The VA stopped responding to IRIS request unless multiple request were submitted. MAybe everything is starting to get back to the 28 day decision stage! Previous claims took 7-9 months start to finish.

Are most of the claims decisions that folks are posting here are they the Nehmer claims? If so, I'm really happy you guys are finally get your decision. Cause I know once they take care of you all, I'll be next in the line. :rolleyes:

Is your case considered a Nehmer case or just a regular claim that unfortunately fell through the crack. I am only trying to figure out the start date that the VA was basically ordered to resolve these Nehmer cases. I sincerely hope they resolve your issues as well. A call to the 800#, submit an IRIS, or a new service officer should be able to get this straightened out. I hope and pray the VA also resolves all the old regular claims that have been collecting dust for years as well!!

I have been waiting since 1993

I have not received a letter of any kind or a phone call from anyone except my VA Rep.

If you feel you have had an active, continually prosecuted claim

going since 1993 - something for sure - isn't right.

Can you add more info regarding your waiting since 1993 with no response of any type ?

MAybe everything is starting to get back to the 28 day decision stage!

CB,

Oh GOSH ! - I've got tears from laughter coming out of my eyes.

I needed this good laugh today, 28 day decision stage - roflmfao.

• HadIt.com Elder

Every favorable decision like NEHMER causes backlogs, since the VA will do everything in it's power to prevent the Veteran from collecting.

They won't read the Veteran's DD214 or evidence that's favorable, down to destroying and concealing evidence, leaving Vets with no choice but to appeal.

I would guess 90% of all claims are collecting dust at the AMC, just waiting for the Veteran to give up, or hopefully die and get off the books.

If they quickly get caught up, it will be due to fast denials that will likely be appealed.

The VA can't and won't get caught up with the backlog as long as they continue to process claims in the same manner.

There was a backlog when I first filed in 1975. Nothing has changed.