VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Small Success I Guess..

Rate this topic

I went by my VSO today to check on my claim...( increase and IU ) found out that it moved up a notch to decsion-rate stage.. so this is a small success I guess.. now I'm worried that they will find some excuse to deny me IU... my best hope for it lies with me being SSDI, which is based solely S/C injury on active duty back in 1991... and i haven't worked since then... so we'll see, I'm hoping for a big success in getting claim won, but not on a big retro...:wink: ... LHV

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

When did you file for TDIU? You have not been able to work since 1991? That is 20 years of lost retro. Why did you wait so long for TDIU? Was it because you just did not know you were eligible?

yes know thats a lot of retro... I applied in june 2010.. yes i thought i was not eligible..until i found this site and started reading and researching.... thanks for this site.... lhv

Although June 1010 would be the normal retro date for your TDIU claim- the fact that you get SSDI for the same disability could possibly warrant an additional year of retro.

I based that on my accrued award. They used the SSA date as the last day my husband worked-which was one year prior to his formal TDIU claim filing date as his earliest entitlement date based on the date entitlement arose.

That is explained somewhere here a little better as to 'date entitlement arose.'

However I have never seen the VA go back further than that one additional year.

Berta, Thank you for your chime-in on this... yes i agree with you ... one year will be ok for me .. I pray to the Lord above that he gives them wisdom to grant me an increase & IU .. OR, 100% P & T...:cool: ..LHV

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use