Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Advice

Rate this question

JeffG

Question

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks for all the great info and advice provided to Vets here. I am 90 % SC and in Dec 10 reopened my case.

Most ove my problems were with back and legs. 40% for lumbar strain, DDD, peripheral neuropathy etc. I decided to apply

for IVDS along with Sciatica, neuorgenci bladder and cerical mylopathy. I have read the training letter that VA has put out to

physicians examining Vets claiming IVDS. Last week I went for my C & P exam with QTC doctor. I expected full exam per instructions

listed in the letter. Instead I sat down answered a lot of questions about back problems and urinary problems but never got examined.

My question is do I not rock the boat and say anything until I get the results. I'm afraid if I say anything I'll be rescheduled for exam. I got the

impression from the doctor that he agreed with everything I was claiming. So I don't know if it was a good exam or not. Any advice would be

appreciated.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Jeff

Have you requested or gotten the results of the exam? Personally, I would wait until I saw the report.JMHO.

Papa

Papa, Don't think I'll get the results for at least another month. Just had the exam on 5/4.

I did request the results of the exam when I reopened my claim.

Jeff

Have you requested or gotten the results of the exam? Personally, I would wait until I saw the report.JMHO.

Papa

John, I currently am working. Just got off 2 1/2 months disability due to femoral nerve compression. Finished up 8 weeks of PT.

I want to try for scheduler first since I am still working although its been tough my first 2 weeks back.

Are you working and trying to get 100% schedular? You have enough for TDIU if you can't work.