Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wonder Why The Va Needs More Info?

Rate this question

papabravo61

Question

Hello All, Today I recieved another request from the va for more info, this time from Social Security for my disability medical records,??? they(va) said that they have requested copies of those records and it may take a few months to receive a response..BUT the letter also said that i should send this evidence within 30 days?? now my question is why would they need these records when the have my va medical records and my ssdi decision award letter based on my s/c injury.. plus i don't have those records on hand anyway.. so does anyone know if the local ssd office( regional ) would have these and can i request them too? or wait on the va to gett'em and go from there? Thanks LHV..:smile:

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

To All; Thanks for your replys !! - I feel that this is a delay tatic also, I'm going to ck. with SSA about those records and VA's request 4them,( what &when ect.. ) you know come to think of it; VA SHOULD have those already !! They had to see'em to Grant me 40% (back ) then 10% ( maj. depression ),anyway gonna ck. in to it.. TY-lhv :smile:

Have to disagree with John on the Hampster , because the Hampster would be taking away a government job from someone. They would have a person turning the wheel, not a Hampster :biggrin:. Sometimes I believe there are people in the Va, not all, that like to play games with us, but it is not funny. They wanted proof that I was in Vietnam, after they see it on my DD214. So, what I did was send them a copy of my orders, copy of my flight manifest to Vietnam, and then a copy of my orders back to the states, and a copy of the flight manifest. I was going to send them a copy of me with some Vietnamese Villagers, but I thought that would be over the top.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

After wating a year and a half for the DRO to get my SSA records, I went to the SSA myself. They wrote me a letter stating my records had been destroyed since my file was inactive for so long. The DRO would have stalled the claim as long as he could using this stall tactic.

Get those records yourself, or be prepared to have your claim stalled for years.

• HadIt.com Elder

Have to disagree with John on the Hampster , because the Hampster would be taking away a government job from someone. They would have a person turning the wheel, not a Hampster :biggrin:. Sometimes I believe there are people in the Va, not all, that like to play games with us, but it is not funny. They wanted proof that I was in Vietnam, after they see it on my DD214. So, what I did was send them a copy of my orders, copy of my flight manifest to Vietnam, and then a copy of my orders back to the states, and a copy of the flight manifest. I was going to send them a copy of me with some Vietnamese Villagers, but I thought that would be over the top.

Papa

That's right Papa. I forgot they dont use hampsters.

I heard a quote the other day that fits you and I real well.

They can take Billy out of the hills, but they will never take the hills out of billy.

I have a friend who retired from the local VA in research who served just across the border in Thailand. He also did research so he made frequesnt trips into the RVN. The denied his DMII claim for several years until I looked at his DD214. After I helped him he received a big retro check with an explanatiojn that they had made a gregious error. His RVN service was right there and the RO had not looked at it for several years. The Kicker was this: His specialty was Diabetes research.

John

Thanks Allan, I sorta thought the va was stallin' Iwill go and get my records or find out my could be destoryed too because of inactive time ... lhv :smile:

After wating a year and a half for the DRO to get my SSA records, I went to the SSA myself. They wrote me a letter stating my records had been destroyed since my file was inactive for so long. The DRO would have stalled the claim as long as he could using this stall tactic.

Get those records yourself, or be prepared to have your claim stalled for years.

jbasser,thats a big hillbilly hell yeah !! :cool: .. lol thanks for the info..

That's right Papa. I forgot they dont use hampsters.

I heard a quote the other day that fits you and I real well.

They can take Billy out of the hills, but they will never take the hills out of billy.

I have a friend who retired from the local VA in research who served just across the border in Thailand. He also did research so he made frequesnt trips into the RVN. The denied his DMII claim for several years until I looked at his DD214. After I helped him he received a big retro check with an explanatiojn that they had made a gregious error. His RVN service was right there and the RO had not looked at it for several years. The Kicker was this: His specialty was Diabetes research.

John