Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

I signed up for Ebenefits like 3 months ago and was waiting to look at my stuff rather than calling that useless zombie infested 800 number and noticed today that there wasn't anything, looking deeper into it I realized it said I need premium access. So do I really have to go to the regional office with everything and get access or is there something I can do here, ether or how long will it take to get the access and is it even wroth it to get it? Thanks.

Edited by Armyvet1987

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I suppose that's the catch-all phrase, perhaps..."Be in receipt of benefits from BVA via direct deposit." That would not have worked for me since I'm still fighting to obtain a rating, so don't get anything. However, even my local outpatient clinic (which does have a release of information office), nor the VAMC I traveled to, would give in-person verification for ebenefits, only for the myhealthevet in-person. It's great if it will work for someone else! However, it's also been my experience that what is posted, or stated, is not what is always followed.

Any place with a Records release office should be able to do it in person.

Here is the info on registering by phone: eBenefits-Obtaining Premium Access Is About To Get Easier!by Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Beginning on May 17, certain Veterans who are in receipt of benefits from VBA via direct deposit, may be able to obtain their Premium (level 2) eBenefits accounts over the telephone. Both VA and DoD have been working together to make Premium eBenefits access easier, especially for rural Veterans. To obtain a Premium account over the telephone, Veterans must:

1) Have a record in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System or DEERS,2) Be in receipt of benefits from VBA via direct deposit,3) Correctly answer certain questions about their identity.Veterans wishing to go through this process, will be provided a menu option when calling VA's toll free number at 1-800-827-1000.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its my opinion but I don't trust ebenefits either.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I can now use e-benefits to send messages to my primary care doctor.. it looks like some things are starting to work on the e-benefits website for my area, San Diego area..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

I can now use e-benefits to send messages to my primary care doctor.. it looks like some things are starting to work on the e-benefits website for my area, San Diego area..

My Healthevet account has had that function for about 6 months now. I've used it a couple of times now. I just wish that they had an attachment feature so we could send vitals to my Primary Dr. They are starting to use their email accounts also. When I moved to this area ( Oregon/Idaho border) they had t-shirts that said " You are now entering Idaho,Please set your clocks back 20 years!!" Glad to see that they are only 15 years behind now.Mike

• HadIt.com Elder

If you moved to Dallas you would be much farther behind. Our ebenefits does not work and myhealthevet not much better except to get your meds.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Here in Georgia, the VARO and the VAMCs seem to enter information very sporadically.

I am in Deers, so the "premium" bit was simple after I waded through the VA web processes.

Unfortunately, the information available, other than prescription information, was very limited.

Claim information was out of date, and grossly incomplete.

If you moved to Dallas you would be much farther behind. Our ebenefits does not work and myhealthevet not much better except to get your meds.