Question

DELETED

Edited by COOL BREEZE

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

COOL BREEZE

Does your copy list the same author: Don Powell, Ph.D? or any author at all for that matter? The VA plagiarizes all the time.

If what you are reporting is accurate, and I have no reason to believe it is not, then we have a problem!!

Check your PM later this afternoon.

COOL BREEZE

Does your copy list the same author: Don Powell, Ph.D? or any author at all for that matter? The VA plagiarizes all the time.

If what you are reporting is accurate, and I have no reason to believe it is not, then we have a problem!!

Check your PM later this afternoon.

Yes it does the title says " Veterans Health At Home Lifetime,(your lifetime guide to symptoms, Solutions and Self-care) on the bottom of the cover it says Southern Arizona VA Care System-written by don r. Powell, Ph.d and the American Insitute for Preventive Medicine. 2011, 7th edition for Preventive Medicine

The cover page says Jonathan h. Garner, MPA, FACHE Director Southern Arizona VA Health Care System

It appears this company-author write these books for the Military, the VA put there own cover page in the book

On the bottom page is says learn more from Medlineplus at http://medlineplus.gov & My Healthevet at www.myhealth.va.gov

• HadIt.com Elder

How many of those covered parking spots will (after a time) be assigned to VAMC employees? Or do they already have covered parking?

I noticed that a high percentage of parking spots adjacent to the buildings and in shaded areas are now assigned to employees, starting with doctors and administrators at my closest VAMC.

The veterans open parking is generally reasonably close to the main entrance, not the various wings and other buildings. The parking lot is usually quite full.

At the tucson VA hospital all the parking spots now are covered parking. Untold wasteful tax payers spent so each veteran has a covered parking spot. They constructed covered roofs for each parking spot which is still on going. I believe solar panels are next.

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess I'll need to write up a form that includes such things as

The veteran (name, file #, SSN etc.) requested medical care on (date, time) for (complaint, condition, symptoms, severity,etc.)

The veteran's assigned group or class, based upon 1 through 8

Is/was the requested care related to a service related condition (yes/no)

Medical care was/was not provided

State reason if care was not provided.

Was the veteran told to seek care elsewhere (ER, private physician, med stop, etc.)

Identifying title, etc. of person denying/providing medical care, and authority to do so.

If refusal to provide information is involved.

Write down the information you have concerning the VA person(s) involved as soon as you can.

Cool Breeze, you are exactly right. Now this is going to hjave a negative effect on the VA as well as Veterans.

We can write a letter to our representatives to get this thing tossed. There is quite a large number of vets, Including me that has other insurance. Most vets 65 or older also have medicare. This affords us the avenue to tell the VA to take a flying leap and go outside for treatment. Once they lose enough Paying Veterans. (Veterans with Insurance Means to offset VA costs), They will wake up and scrap this crap.

This is a great topic.

JBasser

I have specific bad health issues, and the doctors have me report for checkups often. So, I suspect that general checjups maybe not as often as you may like. But, if you have a health concern with a disease or condition that requires clser monitoring, I would ask that the checkups be more often. If that is what the cutbacks are doing to your specific health issues.

IMHO

the reason why I got so sick was because no one took me serious enough when I got sick and then I became a slave and a cripple to disease.. when thye finally figured out I am not a hypocondriac.

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not going to worry about this till they do it to me.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.