Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Frustration

Rate this question

KamiKappa B

Question

Got the white envelope from the Columbia VA Regional Office. After waiting just over a year for the claim I get a big fat DENIED...again. I'm not sure if this is the second or third time, but what I do know is the last time I got a denial letter from them it took just over a month. I'm already strategizing my next move though. I may have to get an attorney, the last time I did that the attorney fell through, but his professional paperwork helped my SC claim go from 50% to 70%. It is sooo FRUSTRATING to have to wait that length of time for a denial!!! Does anyone know of any good veterans' lawyers in or around the Columbia, SC area that can help me with this?!

Kappa

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The first thing that you need to do is get a copy of the examination for your PTSD. It seems to be contridictary. See exactly what the doctor states about your ability to work. Take a copy of that report to your psych doctor. Homocidial and/or sucidial ideations are mandatory not optional. Remember an ideations is a thought not an action. I would appeal that decision, however, with the satement you get form your doctor you can always request a reconsideration based on medical evidence.

Edited by sharon

Thank you guys for all of your advice and encouragement. I am on the phone right now with the VA to get copies of medical records and exams, and begin working to get that strong IMO. Thanks again guys!