VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

There Is Relief After All...non-Va Hospital Bill Paid.. What A Great Day!

Rate this topic

We got a letter from VA and it was addresed to Rockman with his initials in front of his name instead of the usual complete name. He looked at it and said what does VA want from me now---it must not be too good!!

Back in March of 2010 Rockman went to our local hospital on an emergency and did get approval from VA the next morning. VA had no beds when he entered the ER. He was put in the hospital for 3 days. VA still had no beds for him the day he was released.

When VA denied the claim, we sent in a NOD and we had all of the people we talked to and even put in theri phone extensions. What I think brought it to a head was about a month ago we got another denial letter from VA- well over a year after the fact. When I called this time, the gentleman said that he would check into it.He talked to someone else and they said they were going to pay the entire bill.

Well- I just put it back into the ' YOU GOT TOOK" folder and forgot all about it.

When Rockman opened up the letter, it said it was not a bill and gave the amounts they were paying. It also said that the hospital and others cannot ask for any more money from us.

WE JUST WERE FLOORED!! When you live two hours away, you have to be able to go to the nearest ER when an emergency arises.

JUST REMEMBER NEVER EVER GIVE UP!! PERSEVERENCE DOES PAY OFF- OR MAY I SAY REPEATED CALLS AND MANY CALLS TO VA STATING YOUR SITUATION!!

Sorry for the very lengthly post, but I just had to let you all know the good news!!

Now beginning to come back down to earth!!

Mrs. Rockman

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear it, Mrs R, but sorry you got the runaround in the first place.

Thanks NK! The main thing now is to know 'WE WON"!! Yes, we have some more battles to fight, but we basically have "seed money" to keep us going.

Have a great day!

Mrs. R

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use