Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

I am currently obtaining my BS through Voc Rehab. Does anybody know if they will pay for an Masters once I complete my BS?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In my opinion, once a veteran completes a degree at any level, VA will say that the veteran is rehabilitated. What are the levels; any college degree, AA, BA, BS or even a certified field.

What is the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment VetSuccess Program?

The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program is authorized by Congress under Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 31. It is sometimes referred to as the Chapter 31 program. The VetSuccess program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For Veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, VetSuccess offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.

Services that may be provided by the VR&E VetSuccess Program include:

• Comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation to determine abilities, skills, and interests for employment
  • Vocational counseling and rehabilitation planning for employment services
  • Employment services such as job-training, job-seeking skills, resume development, and other work readiness assistance
  • Assistance finding and keeping a job, including the use of special employer incentives and job accommodations
  • On the Job Training (OJT), apprenticeships, and non-paid work experiences
  • Post-secondary training at a college, vocational, technical or business school
  • Supportive rehabilitation services including case management, counseling, and medical referrals
  • Independent living services for Veterans unable to work due to the severity of their disabilities

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/

• HadIt.com Elder

Really depends on evaluation they will do it you ask.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Was just asking but don't think I will get to go that route. If things keeps going like they are (slow process medically) I will probably be medically retired before I even get to finish my BS. I might be already damage too far to even be fixed. We will see soon...Thanks for the input. If I can finish my BS then I will be to find any position just about in Information Technology.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck and usually they can do a lot more than they offer. You have to push for what you want and need

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I am glad to hear there is a chance for them to pay for it. I dont really ever see myself working anymore due to my disabilities but my mind works for the most part. I am 36 and need to keep busy doing somethiing and school seems to be helping me with my depression and keeping my thought s on school and not other deamons.:biggrin: