Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd And Secondary Cardiomyopathy

Rate this question

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

Rockman is rated @ 60% for Agent Orange IHD. He went to his cardiologist on Monday of this week. He is @ 35-40% EF now. He was @ 40-45% in November 2010.

He added a med and increased one of his meds. He cannot walk from one room to another room without completely worn out. The cardiologist did not do a Met's on him previously. He should be less than 3, if I read all of it right. He can only tie his shoes and put on his socks sitting down.

His diagnosis on the sheet had secondary cardiomyopathy.

My question is:

Can he file or should he file for secondary cardiomyopathy SECONDARYy to AO IHD? I know that the code for th is is 7020. Any ideas as to what he should do.

Also his cardiologist is going to include in his files that his pulmonary condition does aggravate and worsen his heart condition and vice versa. We will then file the pulmonary fibrosis as secondary to the IHD.

Since it was denied on the pulmonary fibrosis, we figure that we cannot go back and do a nod and state that it does aggravate he heart and also send in additional e vidence. If we start all over, then we loose the Feb. '10 date. This is the correct way we should do it, or is it?

Mrs. R

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

He might still fall into the 60% SC rating criteria for IHD in this topic even though the EF is lower now.:

Was he denied for TDIU in the recent decision?

If so would his doctor be able to proved an IMO for TDIU?

"Also his cardiologist is going to include in his files that his pulmonary condition does aggravate and worsen his heart condition and vice versa. We will then file the pulmonary fibrosis as secondary to the I HD/”

Only a established Sc condition can cause a secondary SC condition via aggravation.

With medical evidence of the nexus, he might be able to get the pulmonary fibrosis rated as secondary to the SC AO IHD.

If you still have time left to file a NOD on the Pulmonary fibrosis denial, you ccould raise the isse that the IHD has aggravated that disability and claim it as secondary to the IHD.

He might still fall into the 60% SC rating criteria for IHD in this topic even though the EF is lower now.:

No,

"Also his cardiologist is going to include in his files that his pulmonary condition does aggravate and worsen his heart condition and vice versa. We will then file the pulmonary fibrosis as secondary to the I HD/"

Only a established Sc condition can cause a secondary SC condition via aggravation.

With medical evidence of the nexus, he might be able to get the pulmonary fibrosis rated as secondary to the SC AO IHD.

If you still have time left to file a NOD on the Pulmonary fibrosis denial, you ccould raise the isse that the IHD has aggravated that disability and claim it as secondary to the IHD.

• HadIt.com Elder

If this reference is correct, Cardiomyopathy is a form of ischemia.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Cardiomyopathy

Rockman is rated @ 60% for Agent Orange IHD. He went to his cardiologist on Monday of this week. He is @ 35-40% EF now. He was @ 40-45% in November 2010.

He added a med and increased one of his meds. He cannot walk from one room to another room without completely worn out. The cardiologist did not do a Met's on him previously. He should be less than 3, if I read all of it right. He can only tie his shoes and put on his socks sitting down.

His diagnosis on the sheet had secondary cardiomyopathy.

My question is:

Can he file or should he file for secondary cardiomyopathy SECONDARYy to AO IHD? I know that the code for th is is 7020. Any ideas as to what he should do.

Also his cardiologist is going to include in his files that his pulmonary condition does aggravate and worsen his heart condition and vice versa. We will then file the pulmonary fibrosis as secondary to the IHD.

Since it was denied on the pulmonary fibrosis, we figure that we cannot go back and do a nod and state that it does aggravate he heart and also send in additional e vidence. If we start all over, then we loose the Feb. '10 date. This is the correct way we should do it, or is it?

Mrs. R

What if the doctor has that he is at 1-3 Met's, would they change things even if the EF is where it is? I thought that it could be either or.

Sorry, I must have pressed reply.

No, TDIU was never mentioned., because he is still working only 2 days a week.His last day of work ( burning all of his leave now) will be around 07/22/11 or the next week. He then could file after his last day of employment. He will file for SSDI after he leaves his job.

I can almost for certain that he would.

"Also his cardiologist is going to include in his files that his pulmonary condition does aggravate and worsen his heart condition and vice versa. We will then file the pulmonary fibrosis as secondary to the I HD/"

With his 60% for AO IHD, all we can do is try. I know awhile back you sent me info on the widow that got the pulmonary fibrosis service connected. It is a long shot, but I have to try. They do have a code for interstitual lung disease (spelling is probably wrong), but I do not know if it is different from PF. It has both on his records and the VA doc said he had that back in April of 2005 while doing the AO Exam. The letter we received left out that part. We found out about it when we started having copies of his records.

We have awhile on his NOD, but was afraid that if they turned that down, we could not re-file for it as secondary.

Can you also raise the question that the PF is aggravating the heart condiition and also vice versa? He said that it went both ways.

Thank you for all of your time. As you know, it is very difficult to watch your husband do "downhill" and there is not much you can do about it. I research research research!!

One last note-our VA doctor asked us last time if he wanted to try and get his disability increased> At the time, it took us off guard, because we had just gotten it to 60%. He does go to him on the 28th and we will see then. He just wants to get 100%, so I will be taken care off. I just hope and pray that if he gets this, he will not give up!

Have a Blessed Day!

Mts. R

If this reference is correct, Cardiomyopathy is a form of ischemia.

https://secure.wikim.../Cardiomyopathy

If there is a different code, could you not file under it also. I really could not tell on this one. There is no point in filing, if they are going to consider it all the same thing>

Mrs. R