Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp Carroll Toxins/dioxins

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have hesitated to post anything that led up to this story- as some of what I read was conflicting or seemed to be missing a lot of info-

however this report indicates that toxins and dioxin have been found in Camp Carroll, that were buried there in the late 1970s.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2011/06/116_89509.html

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I couldn't open it for some reason Berta. Although lately I been having trouble with a lot of them

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

It was in the Korean Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2011/06/116_89509.html

I just opened this link to check so I think it is working.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Your first link worked a little over an hour ago. I believe this is going to be a he said/she said topic for awhile. The Koreans are looking for total proof in order to get a BIG settlement from Our Government. I'm not saying that they don't deserve one, just that they do have other motives.It's too bad that in many similiar cases, Our Vets are the last ones to get any funds from these type of settlements. When I was looking for a map where camp Carroll was I saw another news article where it claimed that no evidence was found at the supposed dump site. I'm sure if there was a site, that it was stripped clean in the middle of the night along time ago. Our good ole government owns the patent rights to the term DENY DENY DENY and they use it on anyone/anything they choose to.I don't know why but everytime I look for a map of Camp Carroll up pops a map of Viet nam even tho everything says Korea.They say its about 20+ miles from DMZ which puts it near Seoul I think.Mike

• HadIt.com Elder

MacDill AFB which is about three miles from where I live is a toxic waste dump. God knows how much jet fuel and other chemicals have been dumped there in the last 60 years. The land around the base and the base itself is very valuable land. If the base every closes the real estate people will descend on it like vultures if the clean-up can be done. Since the real estate collapse in Florida not much is going on, but there is no need for MacDill AFB. It is the home of Central Command but it is just a shell since that command is forwardly based somewhere near the middle east. If we have a big hurricane MacDill will go under 10 feet of water. These toxins at military bases is a scandal. The water table around here is about 6 feet deep.

I got the link to open with a different browser. Must be having problems with Chrome

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

but there is no need for MacDill AFB.

Alot of people don't realize this, but MacDill is a major military communications hub. Not to mention many of the elite, highly mobile communication teams are based there. The QRFs for Centcom and SOCCENT both call MacDill home, not to mention JCSE, who is excusively housed at MacDill. IMO MacDill is pretty low down on the list for closure...

Edited by ensignoftheunit