Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Vet Have 2 C-Files?

Rate this question

autumn

Question

hey folks, i have a pending claim for the secondary medical issues related to my service connected MS.

i have a large folder of supported medical documentaion from active duty to present for cervical trauma and its issues. i want/need to file for that to be SC'd along with increased degeneration issues with service connected lumbar trauma.

question: can i submit a claim request along with this folder and have it as a second c-file so it doesn't hang up the current MS claims issues? i just don't see this varo doing the right thing and the current claim could take as long as they want to drag it out.

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When a claimant has issues pending adjudication -

filing ANYTHING additional that is not some evidence

directly related to exactly what is already being worked on -

is going to throw the brakes on whatever is in process !

JMHO

Gotcha! thats what I was wondering. Thanks carlie!

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

Unfortunately, there are times where the RO will deny a claim and force the claim to go to the BVA to be granted. Evidence will win yes but the RO should do what they are paid to do instead of letting the veteran suffer and go through hell just to get his or her benefits.

i think they did this with the "fake/poor" c&p's that wasted 6-7 months.

this article is ole , but it states what we all know who have been through the "force the claim into a black hole.."

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_robert_a_070324_why_veterans_are_wai.htm

totally agree, it is bizarre. and there is not end insight. no one has been able to fix it

IMO - No - you will not have a second c-file.

You might wind up with another volume - but no - not a second c-file.

The only instances I know of having a second c-file is if your c-file has been transferred to

the jurisdiction of a higher level such as BVA or COVA, as an appeal.

In this case your VAMC would have copies of some of your c-file, but it will pretty much

be bare bones as a temporary file.

Anything you submit now that is not relevant to your issue/s for MS - is going to throw the breaks

on whatever they are currently adjudicating.

I would sit back and let whatever you have in progress resolve prior to filing any additional claim issues.

JMHO

my gut tells me you are right, my head spins too much about the other claim. more than likely due to my neck/cervical gives me issues that keeps it on my mind.

thx

In regards to this post/thread, if I were the OP - I would not submit any additional

claims at this time - whether it's for secondary conditions or whatever.

Besides that - claims as secondary conditions are not even ripe for any consideration prior to

a primary SC that the secondary is a result of.

IMO - everyone puts way too much work into getting EED's - most members say file the claim now

to establish your effective date.

JMHO

regarding my post, RO did SC the MS in 2010. it is the secondary MS things that are getting listed and adjudicated for their specific diagnostic codes & ratings

yes, i guess in "my mind" the EED for the cervical issues has been on my mind & when the SC that, i hope to get better medical attention for it.