Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lost

Rate this question

Mama Bear

Question

I put aside my husbands claim out of frustration to start my own. Now that mine is in the works I decided I needed to go back to my husbands. Good thing to, the last denial was dated July 8th 2010. We have done about 2 nod and been denied both times. Not service connected. I really don't know how to go about this... Another nod? Or cue? What to state in the letter? We are trying for Tbi. They say it is not service connected because he didn't go to the medics afterwards, so therefor it is not service connected. Even though he has medical evidence that states Tbi from explosion After he got back from Iraq. We also have one buddy letter. My husband was a sniper and squad leader in Ramadi and Faluja. Any advice is well appreciated.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry to take you down this long road but it is my opinion to file a NOD and submit any new evidence and make sure VA receives it by July 7, 2011. You may have to take a trip to the VARO due to the holiday coming up. Make sure you get a date stamp time receipt. You can fight for the earlier effective date after you get his claim service connected.

We don't have any new evidence that is the problem. Most of the people on his team are dead. One buddy letter and one doctor report. That's it thats all we got. Maybe it is a lost cause if so. I guess that is ok at least I can hear it from someone not at the va and we can move on.

Edited by Mama Bear

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to file an appeal. No telling what my turn up between time of appeal request and day you get a hearing. Don't let it die. Ask for a DRO and if that fails go to BVA. This will take years and give you a chance to find more evidence.

I agree with John, even if you do not have new evidence now by the time your claim gets to the BVA, you may have new evidence.

Edited by pete992