Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris - How Long To Wait?

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Been waiting for over a week for a response to an IRIS inquiry. I had sent several inquiries through IRIS and always got the response that they will forward my inquiry to the Houston RO for a response. Normally the Houston RO would not even acknowledge my inquiry, but at least this time they did. Now, how long should I give them before I file a complaint, or is it as a suspect, a waste of time? I want and deserve a response, and I intend to get one.

Papa

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Been waiting for over a week for a response to an IRIS inquiry. I had sent several inquiries through IRIS and always got the response that they will forward my inquiry to the Houston RO for a response. Normally the Houston RO would not even acknowledge my inquiry, but at least this time they did. Now, how long should I give them before I file a complaint, or is it as a suspect, a waste of time? I want and deserve a response, and I intend to get one.

Papa

I can't remember, Papa, are you working on your appeal, or is this a new/original claim?

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Sometimes I forget myself. I do have an appeal for several for several issues, and underwent a C&P back last Oct 2010. I also received a letter from QTC informing me that they wanted me to be re-eval for PTSD. I am rated at 30%. I had the C&P again back last Oct 2010. I do not believe the Doctor's report was what the VA wanted to see. Earlier this year I was dx'd with Parkinson's disease, and filed a claim through the VA's FAST TRACK system, big mistake. I had the C&P done by a GP that had to have an office Clerk tell him what to do next on the exam, but that is another story . What I learned was that the VA moved my claim from the Fast Track to the regular claim pile. What this did was void all the forms that I submitted electronically. The VA actually sent me an internal VA document by mistake, or I would never have known. God, the love the VA.

Papa

I usually have to wait between 2 days to a week for IRIS.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)