Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temp 100%

Rate this question

sunfish34

Question

My husband had total knee replacement on may 10th we filed all the paper work for temp 100% May 20th along with the surgical report and other hospital paperwork, was wondering how long it takes for the

temp 100% to kick in? He has a claim waiting to go to the DRO will that slow his temp 100% down, his claim is at the Montgomery Regional office. The Nod was sent in 20 mths ago and still we have

heard nothing? Thanks for your help.......

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Does the NOD have anything to do with the knee?

If the knee was service connected before the surgery, and the replacement was done because of the connected condition, then I don't think the NOD should slow down the Temp. Have you called the 800# or sent an IRIS request to ask what is the hold up??

Good luck, with the knee replacement too, I have had a couple.

It seems to me, when I had mine done it took about 2 months before the first check arrived. NOD's are different issues and shouldn't have anything to do with the convalesent comp.

Thanks for the replies, knee was service connected before surgery, the NOD is for his back secondary to his bad knee... Did do an IRIS said they had all the paper work and were just starting to work on it,

that was about 2 weeks ago. Hope it comes soon we have to move by Aug 1st, would be alot easier with extra money........

Thanks for the replies, knee was service connected before surgery, the NOD is for his back secondary to his bad knee... Did do an IRIS said they had all the paper work and were just starting to work on it,

that was about 2 weeks ago. Hope it comes soon we have to move by Aug 1st, would be alot easier with extra money........

I had my Knee Replacement in January and didn't received my Temp 100% until June. I also use the Montgomery RO.

I'm going to recheck my records to see if I am correct on the 2 month waiting time. My memory is just a tab off of what it used to be! ha