Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temp 100%

Rate this question

sunfish34

Question

My husband had total knee replacement on may 10th we filed all the paper work for temp 100% May 20th along with the surgical report and other hospital paperwork, was wondering how long it takes for the

temp 100% to kick in? He has a claim waiting to go to the DRO will that slow his temp 100% down, his claim is at the Montgomery Regional office. The Nod was sent in 20 mths ago and still we have

heard nothing? Thanks for your help.......

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In my experience the regular funds that you are already receiving, will still come seperate from your retro. If you already have a letter telling you what you are going to get; then it will be soon. They say 5-10 days but it usually comes lower rather than higher. Of course with everything going on who knows. Enjoy and spend wisely.

/doc

Also don't forget, if he has any complications towards the end of his convalescent period (1 year) you can request an extension for extra time. Of course with a doctor's statement, preferably his surgeon.

That is a little strange, makes no sense why his regular comp would have changed.

It is good news, you should be receiving, maybe they are going to retro the 100% and give you one large deposit and just paid you what was owed from his normal compensation. That really doesn't make any sense but it is the VA. You should call the 800# tomorrow and ask when to expect payment. Explain your situation and ask for the date they expect to pay.

Ok so we got the letter for 100% temp starting may 10th and one month back pay minus what he already got , so I assume that was junes payment and the deposit should be 100% for aug 1st

for the july payment, but the deposit pending in our bank account is only for 20% what my husband has been getting. Can someone help me with this? What do we need to do to make sure

he gets paid 100%. Thanks for your help the letter said he would be 100% for one year following his total knee replacement the goes to 30% for the knee starting july 2012.

What I think is going on is the 20% that was just posted is for July's payment. The reason is probably July's payment was already in progress before they finalized your claim for convalescent pay. Which in turn your AUG check will be 100% minus 20% for June & 20% for July. Does this make any sense?

What I think is going on is the 20% that was just posted is for July's payment. The reason is probably July's payment was already in progress before they finalized your claim for convalescent pay. Which in turn your AUG check will be 100% minus 20% for June & 20% for July. Does this make any sense?

Hey Sunfish I am happy for you I do not see a lot of people get their claim done that quick. You must be hitting it at the right time. I have had a claim going on for over a year for Tempoary 100% following a surgery on my SC back. I had a 3 level fusion and am still having trouble with it. Considier yourself lucky Let us hear how it runs out. I would ask for some of that luck you must have a good rep or good VARO or something most people I read are waiting and waiting I am sorry you had it done but stay on the rehab and try walking in waist/chest deep water for building up the legs when you can get into the water that is. I did rehab with a guy who had knee replacement he swore by it. Hope it works as well for you as the guy who had his right knee done he said the water took the weight off his knees and we would walk and walk in the pool. Have a good morning. Mine will be 19 months here soon. If there is a rule I would like to find it. Adios

We got the Temp 100% now just waiting to hear from VA For the NOD we filed.... and to get paid 100% being married not single I am sure that will take some time...

Thanks for all your help......