Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wow I Am Shocked Quick Ilp Work Orders

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

as part of the ILP program my counselor approved a ramp be built for the wheel chair, I just talked to the rep friday and the construction crew is here today to build it, I asked him if he had a business license in my town and he said no, I told him then not to be shocked if the cops come by and shut him down for no business license nor a building permit, it is their responsibility to get those items not mine but I can't fault the ILP program, they are also paying for a hospital type bed for me we have to go tomorrow and pick out the mattress and bed rail (I keep falling out of bed) and my wife is afraid I will break some bones with all the weight I have lost in the past few months rofl

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Testvet, Glad you are finally getting your just now! Let's hope the Cardiac clinic will work really fast too, as being selfish, I want you posting here for more years!! You are way too valuable as a person, and a vet and help others alot. Take care and enjoy more safe freedom. Take care, and good luck is being sent for the pool lift, but watch out if the water is too warm.

Dude, that is awesome.

I will hop on your statement there because lately the IL Services here have been unbelievable. I know there has been some communication from Veterans that has went to the headshed and I think someone shook someone else's tree. I was just approved for 3 items that were denied at the outset. It took a lot of cimmunication, but I was sure it would never happen.

Today they delivered my zerogravity chair. It reclines so your feet are up over your head, but your back is aligned so there is no pressure on your spine, hips, shoulders, or knees. It reclines in all different positions and the foot rest is long so when I am propped up my feet aren't hanging over. I took a little nap right after they set it up.

Things you might consider.

Life alert pendant or bracelet. Zerogravity ergonomic chair.

Ya' know it's funny, ILP here says they can do no construction whatsoever, but over there sounds like they are building away. Which is awesome. Mind if I ask what VR&E office you are using??

they finished the ramp about 2:30 took 3 of them about 6 hours and he said he will be back later in the week to put in the bathtub lift and he suggested that I get the VA to put in a small deck around the pool and put a lift in for the swimming pool as it is theraputic for me to swim and excercise I didn't even know they make them for a pool

Carlie I am surprised about how nice the Voc Rehab guy is being 5 years into this I thought they were only supposed to keep these files open for about 2 years I might be wrong but I feel like I am getting great service from them now. I wonder what caused the sea change in them?

Test - the above is great news ! I am so happy for you !

I don't know if it was the diagnosis of end stage congestive heart failure 3 months ago or he just decided to do his job right but we are happy with all they are doing now

Test - the above is not great or even good news. You take the best care of yourself you can EVERYDAY !

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie mrs testvet is making sure I take my meds weighs me everyday and really watches my diet I go thru the Columbia SC VARO for claims and the ILP program we were told today they approved a tempurpedic mattress and an adjustable frame as I spend a lot of time in bed anymore (it was cheaper than buying a real hospital bed)

test,

When I have exacerbations of my CHF I simply can not sleep at all laying

anywhere near flat.

So, I sleep on the couch as it has a high arm rest that keeps me in

a pretty good upright position.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

thats why they bought me the tempurpedic adjustable bed I can't lay flat either but when I am in CHF I have no energy to do much of anything walking is even hard to do while I wait for the lasix and other meds to do their jobs we are trying to keep me out of the ICU have you been in the hospital much because of your CHF yet?

The VA called yesterday about getting me into the AICD clinic and they want the records from Lexington to see why they want a AICD/Bioventricular pacemaker installed something about needing special circumstances for this type of device,, but I have read about the requirements and I meet them http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/services/tests/procedures/biventricular_pm.aspx

Who is eligible to receive a CRT device?

People with heart failure who have a poor ejection fraction (<35%) are at risk for fast, irregular and sometimes life- threatening heart rhythms. Ejection fraction is the measurement of how much blood is being pumped out of the left ventricle of the heart. CRT may be appropriate for people who:

have severe or moderately severe heart failure symptoms

are taking medications to treat heart failure

have delayed electrical activation of the heart (such as intraventricular conduction delay or bundle branch block)

Have a history of cardiac arrest or are at risk for cardiac arrest

Together, you and your doctor will determine if this treatment is right for you.

my ejection fraction was 10% when they did the last heart cath in April 2011 when I had that big heart attack in the hospital when they put me in that drug induced coma for a week and I have the other 3 issues as well I have more lives than a cat though I have survived a stroke in 1992 and 9 heart attacks since then 2 of them in April I am to mean to die