VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blood Pressure

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I received 0 % for blood pressure and High Cholestarol, The VA recently put me on meds for the two, do your blood pressure has to be in a certain range before they grant you a raise?

vet2010

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Please refer to the following post for an answer to your question:

Hope this helps...

As I was given a 10% rating for high blood pressure I can advise you it is very hard to get anything higher. At least for me it will be. I was diagnosed with this during active duty and put on medication. With the numerous medications I am on to control it, will never get high enough for them to rate it higher. I would have to avoid taking medications which would most likely cause me to have a heart attack and die before I would ever get a higher rating. I get my higher rating from secondary issues-heart disease, murmurs, and low scores on the echo 50% or less.

Last week during an exam they asked me if I wanted to be admitted cause I just took the medication a half hour before my appointment. I believe it was 210/100. I asked do I have a choice? They left it up to me.

High Cholestrol - I am on 1200 mg to control that. They refuse to rate that as I was told its not ratable-denied on an appeal. They said something about this being a lab finding.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have very high blood pressure or cholesterol get a CT scan of your legs. That is where the first signs of future heart disease often show up. If their is hardening of the arteries it will show in your legs.

If you have very high blood pressure or cholesterol get a CT scan of your legs. That is where the first signs of future heart disease often show up. If their is hardening of the arteries it will show in your legs.

Funny you mentioned this. I had an appointment today and asked about having my legs checked(this was a neuropathy appointment) 2 interns told me they didn't know who to ask to have this done. This was a wasted appointment as they wanted to know what the purpose of my appointment is for today. Well, you all scheduled this. I do have a nerve conduction test in 2 weeks to confirm that I have carnal tunnel in my left hand since the entire rest of the body has it now. Then I should have had this appointment. I believe they want to do some cutting -butchering more likely.

So, who should I ask to have this done? I was told I have circulation problems in both legs. A ct scan would show this and heart disease as well correct?. It has already been determined I have hardening of the arteries in the heart area already.

3 months ago my regular doctor suggest a MRI of the brain? For nerve damage! Goodness sakes. High blood pressure causes quite a few secondary issues.