Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

America The Beautiful Card !

America the beautiful card -I received this at Carlsbad Caverns NM for free and then Myself and Family got in free-I just showed my Va card w/service connected on it-everyone in My group entered free-I used it at White Sands NM also everyone in vehicle free-International Space hall of fame-etc it is for life !!

!! nothing that a ride on the old Harley can't fix !!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, Shellback! :smile:

Yes, they give free entrance to National Parks, half off camping, free day use other areas.

Definitely worth having.

More info HERE

Best card yet !! I am a life member of the DAV-I have also contemplated joining the Legion and participating in their week vacation deals that let you vacation at nice locals for a fraction of what it normally would cost.

!! nothing that a ride on the old Harley can't fix !!

I used mine last week at Yosemite, everyone in the car free. I got the card by presenting my service connection award letter to the ranger after I first got it a few years ago. We go camping for half price too!

Yes, dogface - it was pretty sweet getting waved thru Yellowstone last year.

Regular fee is $25. Ranger even thanked me for my service. :smile:

When the great desk clerk at Portland, OR VARO signed me up, I never thought I'd use it.

Since then, free and reduced price camping and National Park fee waivers have been really sweet.

I encourage everyone to apply for their benefits.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a great benefit for disabled folks. I remember 2 years ago the Forest service contractor who runs the campgrounds had convinced the Forest service to do away with it so they could make more money. Thanks to a good campaign from folks like us it was defeated. Always be watchful as these birds will try it again down the road. We had a good show on it at the SVT page so it is there for folks to listen to it.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use