Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Idea's On My Rating

Rate this question

dave1829

Question

I filed a claim with the VA in November for the following this.

IBS

Asthma

Hearing loss both ear (va supplied hearing aids)

Tinitus

PTSD

Torn ACL/ miniscus

foot injury

Sleep apenea.

I called the 1800 number to try and find out the status of my claim according to one operator. My calim is at the rating board for a rating. Does anyone have anyidea or an approximate rating that I may get form the above issues. I have strong documentation for all of them

Thank you

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

dave1829,

Welcome.

I am moving your post to the Claims/Benefits Forum.

Sorry - I can't do it tonight I will try tomorrow.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit.

Waiting to be rated means that the VARO is ready to assign a percentage to your claim. Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Have you received a VCAA letter yet?

If so have you sent to them what they asked for?

Have you had any C & P exams yet?

If so do you have the results of those exams?

If the exams are favorable and you have a nexus to your service (a documented link)then you can look up the way VA rates each of these disabilities -the Schedule of Ratings is a link to the right and side of this page.

The PTSD claim will be adjudicated under the New PTSD regs which are in our PTSD forum.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Ok, you want a guess, here goes, assuming, of course, they are all service connected:

1. Hearing loss. Almost always 0%. Exception: if your speech discrimination is very poor also.

2. Tinnitus 10%

3 PTSD depends on severity. You can look up the rating schedule to compare your symptoms with the rating schedule..

4. OSA (Sleep Apnea), if service connected IF YOU USE a CPAP is 50%.

5. Foot injury. Again, I have no idea the severity. If its not causing you symptoms, 0%.

6. Torn ACL If no current symptons, 0%.

If you have lost use of your foot, your knee, then you will likely get compensation. No symptoms = no compensation.

Sadly, the most likely rating is, unfortunately, a denial. But if you are well documented, good nexus to service, based on the above you should get a minimum of 60%.

Remember, this is a wild guess. However, tinnitus is either 10 or 0. OSA is either 50(CPAP) or zero. Hearing loss is usually zero. All the others vary on severity, and how many symptoms do you have now.

• HadIt.com Elder

somewhere between 0% and 100% combined or denials for everything you can never tell what they will do no matter how well documented you think it is I have got to the point where I expect nothing from them and then anything else is good

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Folks,

Thank you all for the advice. I have very strong documentation for all my injuries and they were all sustained while deployed. I have hearing aids supplied by the VA without them I can hear nothing. I have had a no running profile due to the ACL and foot injury. I am also on medication for the Asthma is accuired while deployed. To this date my claim has been with the rating board for the past 4 weeks, does nayone have any idea how long this rating board takes.

Thanks

somewhere between 0% and 100% combined or denials for everything you can never tell what they will do no matter how well documented you think it is I have got to the point where I expect nothing from them and then anything else is good