Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Idea's On My Rating

Rate this question

dave1829

Question

I filed a claim with the VA in November for the following this.

IBS

Asthma

Hearing loss both ear (va supplied hearing aids)

Tinitus

PTSD

Torn ACL/ miniscus

foot injury

Sleep apenea.

I called the 1800 number to try and find out the status of my claim according to one operator. My calim is at the rating board for a rating. Does anyone have anyidea or an approximate rating that I may get form the above issues. I have strong documentation for all of them

Thank you

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Folks,

I am requesting opinions here about my current claims. Although the VA has not reached a decision; I do have some information about my status that someone could perhaps give me an idea of what to expect from the VA.

According to the Psychiatrist; my PTSD has severely disrupted my normal living, according to the report. I am unable to sustain a normal relationship, I have alienated myself form others; I have frequent panic attacks (more than once a week). My work has been adversely affected and I have lost my supervisory position. I am unable to show emotion to my children or to others that I am close to.

I have been prescribed a CPAP machine for sleep apnea and medication for restless leg syndrome. I have severe tinnitus in both ears with significant hearing loss and require hearing aids.

I am on medication for Asthma, IBS, I have had one knee surgery and still need another to reconstruct the ACL

Based on the above does anyone have a remote Idea on what the VA may or may not award me in compensation?

It has been over a year now and I am getting the feeling that the VA is going to deny everything

Hi Folks,

I am requesting opinions here about my current claims. Although the VA has not reached a decision; I do have some information about my status that someone could perhaps give me an idea of what to expect from the VA.

According to the Psychiatrist; my PTSD has severely disrupted my normal living, according to the report. I am unable to sustain a normal relationship, I have alienated myself form others; I have frequent panic attacks (more than once a week). My work has been adversely affected and I have lost my supervisory position. I am unable to show emotion to my children or to others that I am close to.

I have been prescribed a CPAP machine for sleep apnea and medication for restless leg syndrome. I have severe tinnitus in both ears with significant hearing loss and require hearing aids.

I am on medication for Asthma, IBS, I have had one knee surgery and still need another to reconstruct the ACL

Based on the above does anyone have a remote Idea on what the VA may or may not award me in compensation?

It has been over a year now and I am getting the feeling that the VA is going to deny everything

they are just backlogged with claims. i got my decision in 9 months but only because a reporter friend of mine got the va to expedite!!

If it really in the raters hands your lucky they say anything to get you off the phone. I have been told the same thing call back two weeks later and then be told it is still in the developmental stage. As far as the time frame no set time please do not hold your breath !!!.

Your are probably right about that. Waiting a year only to be denied everything is what really worries me

If it really in the raters hands your lucky they say anything to get you off the phone. I have been told the same thing call back two weeks later and then be told it is still in the developmental stage. As far as the time frame no set time please do not hold your breath !!!.

Your are probably right about that. Waiting a year only to be denied everything is what really worries me

from what you've said about the ptsd claim, i feel confident you'll get a determination in your favor. will it be the percentage you should get? sadly, that is another story.

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember now-call the 1-800 number. Someone spins the big wheel to decide what to tell the veteran today. At the rating board, no waiting for signatures, no need more info, no pending, pending & on & on. It is total waste of everyone's time to call the 1-800 & if I did it would be every few weeks. I would not hold my breath waitng for them to tell me something. As other have told you it's a crap shot & expected nothing & everything. Then with multiple issues you need a course on VA Math. Relax you have some time to wait.

Good Luck,

Don