Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Sure If This Is The Correct Forum

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

i just got my official notification letter from the va regarding my request for depression secondary to my service connected back condition. they gave me 30 percent which raised my overall to 60 percent. but because the doc wrote that because my depression oftens causes social isolation, it would be highly unlikely that i would ever return to work, even in a desk job. i retired in 2001 because of other medical issues.

.the letter says we have deferred a decision of individual unemployability pending development and examination. it further stated an exam would be scheduled shortly.

my quandry is that i am trying to get my percentage to at least 70 or higher. i don't know if i have grounds to file a NOD (about the only statement in her exam that would come close would be the social isolation one) or re file the two orther claims which i severed from this claim i originally filed last october.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

the doc wrote that because my depression oftens causes social isolation, it would be highly unlikely that i would ever return to work, even in a desk job.

Was this statement from the C&P examiner or your private Dr.

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

Great, that sounds even better!

was just able to confirm the va is working on IU for me. they will be scheduling a medical exam soon. the process has already been started so i just need to wait for the exam.

those of you who have been through this process, what should i expect during the medical exam? i presume it would be very thorough, more so than a standard c&p. i appreciate any tips.

thanks pete.