VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success!

Rate this topic

81150 CAFB

By the way, the ChampVA benefit begins the day you were effective at 100% - For example, the VA granted an effective date of February 1, 2010, THAT is the date your ChampVA benefits are effective AND you can go back and recoop any covered medical expense, deductibles, medical co-pays and prescription co-pays back to that date. If you didn't have your family covered on a health plan and paid any $ out of pocket, any covered expense can be reimbursed at the ChampVA allowable amount.

Let you award sink in a bit, relax awile and enjoy. If you do anything first, let it be the application for ChampVA and the life insurance benefit as the premium is waived for the 1st $10,000. Then, gather all of your families prior allowable medical expenses, you will need the Explanation of Benefits (EOB's) and an itemized statement to send in with your claim form to ChampVA. As the application is being processed I would suggest you gather the documentation of out of pocket expenses as they give you 180 days to submit the claim....even if its not complete (such as a missing statement from a doctor) --- the clock starts over at that point and you'll have 1 year to send in the missing documents (if there are any).

I started by getting the insurance company EOB's first and requested a statement from the providers I identified on the EOB's.

Chapter 35 benefits for education begin the day you request, they will explain it all to you.

And, don't forget, there are base privileges for you now also, like the commissary. You need specific identification to get your base card ID and I would suggest you give your local military base a phone call prior to going down to save an additional trip down if you are missing something.

Congrats again !!!

Edited by VetsLady

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Supposedly Independent Living with Voc Rehab are going to get me a Temperpedic Bed but I am still having problems with follow through from my Voc Rehab Rep. I don't know where you are in Texas but VA has clinics and even Fee Service to help out. Don't forget you are also entitled to Dentist at 100%

Good Luck

Great news! I'm happy for you and yours.

Thank you for your service to our country too.

Just got the big envelope today with a total rating of 90% and moved up to TDIU and P&T. I wanted to thank HADIT for all the help from so many member (jbasser etc...). It feels so good to have done it all myself and come back with this rating. I sent mostly the same info to social security and was approved at age 41 in less then 3 months. THANK YOU TO HADIT!!! I could not have done the application etc... properly without the members on this site. 100% P&T baby!!!!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use