Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Am I To Expect On My Med Board

Rate this question

seikodog

Question

so next month marks my 6 years in the army. its been a roller coaster ride with my medical. in saying that my feet i guess

wasnt used to the demands of the army, ruck marching, running, anyways, the bottom line, im being med boarded for

sleep apnea and flat feet, mostly flat feet because my feet have cronic swelling. and ever since basic over the years

its just been getting worse and worse. im on my 2nd reenlistment and am in hawaii for a medboard. what kind of

percentages am i looking at right now if anything? and whats the whole process of treatment for this after the army?

any knowledge on these situation will be greatly apreciated.. thank you in advance

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div5&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5&idno=38#38:1.0.1.1.5.2.98.26

This is the VA criteria. Open it up and scroll to Diag Code 5276. You can compare notes from the MEB and the VA.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

seikodog

You need to go to the website (pebforum) located on this site (forum section), it will direct you to the site when you click on it. Go on there and find a guy by the name of peblo23. He will explain EVERYTHING to you. Good Luck

so next month marks my 6 years in the army. its been a roller coaster ride with my medical. in saying that my feet i guess

wasnt used to the demands of the army, ruck marching, running, anyways, the bottom line, im being med boarded for

sleep apnea and flat feet, mostly flat feet because my feet have cronic swelling. and ever since basic over the years

its just been getting worse and worse. im on my 2nd reenlistment and am in hawaii for a medboard. what kind of

percentages am i looking at right now if anything? and whats the whole process of treatment for this after the army?

any knowledge on these situation will be greatly apreciated.. thank you in advance

sorry i messed this up. please see other comment. thanks.

Edited by iceturkee

i had two pebs when i was in the navy. the first board said i was unfit and wanted to put me out with zero percentage. i found a good rep from dav who suggested i ask my commanding officer if he would testify on my behalf. he did and i remained on active duty.

a few years later the navy changed its requirements for physical fitness testing, requiring an automatic removal from active duty if waivered 3 times in 18 months. i managed to survive 4 years before my next medical board. by this time, i wanted out and they found me fit for full duty. i appealed again and was given 10 percent for my back, lump sum severance pay and sent packing.

i applied for my va benefits and got 10 percent from the va, about 30 days after. that was 1988. it took until 2007 to get that to 40 percent.

don't know if this helps at all.

Although you said that you were being boarded primarily for your feet, I suggest that you fight - and fight strongly - to have sleep apnea as one of your duty limiting conditions for the MEB and the PEB. Note: you do have a diagnosis of some sort of sleep apnea, conformed by a sleep study (polysomnogram), don't you?

I say this because with only feet as your disability, you may be discharged with disability severance pay. However, if you get above 30% from the PEB, you likely will retire from the Army.

If your feet are as bad as you wrote, you may well receive that magic 30% based only on your foot/feet. However, it wouldn't hurt to have the OSA mentioned also.

Interested

causalobserver8@aol.com