• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

JT24usn

Not A Success Story

Question

Back to the drawing board...

Got my rating decision back for my claim. Decision kept

My overall rating at 20%. No signs of malnutrition (even though I am deficient in D). Said my hypoglycemia was ok ( reading of 78 79 and 81)... They didn't even take into consideration my ha1c ( more accurate reading

If blood sugar) which was 3.5, 3.7, and 4.3 (low average is 4.5). I have to make sure I eat before working around the house or mowing, otherwise, I almost pass out. Also have been anemic They also didn't even rake into the consideration of daily activities. Y

Whole days are scheduled around what I eat and where the nearest bathroom is. Great for a guy that is 34 and recently married, "gee honey can't eat there because I won'take it home in time to use the bathroom.". Nothing

Like a 34 year old sometimes not making it to the bathroom. I say 34 But this has been going on since 2001. Drs are now trying to help me our with cholestyramine, but the most it has dine

So far has got me from using the bathroom 4-6 times

A day to3-5 times, woo hoo. My wife, whom I've known for 5 going on 6 years, even put in a statement, but apparently didnt carry much weight. So, here I am getting ready to write my appeal. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the rant, just figured asking to get bumped from 20 to 40 for two conditions would be

Cut and dry

V/r

T8r

Rated 7328 20% and 7318 10%. Can't be combined und 38 cfr 4.114

Edited by T8r

4 answers to this question

I went for vit d deficiency but the C*P says not at this time-BUT I get a letter saying I need

vit D now because my thryoid reading are bad- WTH that was after being on vit d.

They say I have hypoparathryoid along with my hypo thryoid where my faulty kidneys destroy the vit d before it can be sent to your 4 little thryoidseeds in the neck.

I would have them check your TSH hormones for the problem.

Hope the kidneys arnt involved GOOD LUCK STEVE

Ad

The part of my bowel they took out has to do with absorption. That is one the points I am trying to get across to the va. Because I haven't loss much weight they say I am absorbing fine, but what about the vit d deficiency, anemia, and hypoglycemia. And again the issue with daily activities. Chronic fatigue ( dr mentioned or in the exam). Need ideas from the hadit gang

Thyroid is fine. Kidneys fine. Liver has beaucoup iron

Edited by T8r

Writing up my appeal tomorrow. Any suggestions on angles?

I lost my teeth because of malabsorption,, no one would help.. so they were all destroyed, and i had to have them all pulled at one time, what was left.. my whole mouth was bleeding because they were like jagged glass... the va would not even take one look, and it was an emergency...

Edited by retiredat44