VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% But Do Not Qualify For Tdiu?

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I'm now rated at 70%. 30%(PTSD), 20%(DMII), 10%(Tinnitus) and 30% for Parkinsons. It is my understanding that since none of my individual ratings are over 40-60%, I would not qualify for TDIU. Is that true, or should I apply? Also, I keep hearing about scheduler, is this a list of medical issues that would get one to the 100% level? I know Parkinson's is on the Social Security list of impairments.

Papa

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I'm now rated at 70%. 30%(PTSD), 20%(DMII), 10%(Tinnitus) and 30% for Parkinsons. It is my understanding that since none of my individual ratings are over 40-60%, I would not qualify for TDIU. Is that true, or should I apply? Also, I keep hearing about scheduler, is this a list of medical issues that would get one to the 100% level? I know Parkinson's is on the Social Security list of impairments.

You can apply with your rating if you can get a doctor to state that you are unemployable due to your service connected disabilities.

(b) It is the established policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs that all veterans who are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation by reason of service-connected disabilities shall be rated totally disabled. Therefore, rating boards should submit to the Director, Compensation and Pension Service, for extra-schedular consideration all cases of veterans who are unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities, but who fail to meet the percentage standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section. The rating board will include a full statement as to the veteran's service-connected disabilities, employment history, educational and vocational attainment and all other factors having a bearing on the issue.

Thanks Pete for the outstanding advice. I see my Parkinson Doctor tomorrow, and I will ask him to write a letter to the VA. I could send them a copy of my second PTSD exam where their doctor said I was unemployable, have not heard from the VA on this yet. Only been since Oct 2010.

Papa

You can apply with your rating if you can get a doctor to state that you are unemployable due to your service connected disabilities.

(b) It is the established policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs that all veterans who are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation by reason of service-connected disabilities shall be rated totally disabled. Therefore, rating boards should submit to the Director, Compensation and Pension Service, for extra-schedular consideration all cases of veterans who are unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities, but who fail to meet the percentage standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section. The rating board will include a full statement as to the veteran's service-connected disabilities, employment history, educational and vocational attainment and all other factors having a bearing on the issue.

My Doctor gave me the letter that says that I'm not employable. Hope this helps.

Papa