VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P And T For Depression And Prostatis

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I am 100% Sc and I was awarded 50 Depression and 40% Prostatis along with many more ailments. Since I retired from the Army in Oct 2010 I have been put on Zoloft to control my Depression and I wear an Adult Diaper for my Prostate. What is the best route to take when filing for P and T for these two claims? I want to get the ball rolling next week at my local DAV and I want to make sure I have my ducks in order to make one shot one kill. Also how long does the process take to file for P and T and will I need to go through another C and P exam? I went to my first VA appt back in June and my doctor stated that she will see me back in one year. Thanks for the info...

vet2010

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

An independent medical opinion on the P & T might be the best shot.

Although that can be costly- I mentioned to another vet here yesterday that it could be an excellent investment.

When VA awards P & T they award Chapter 35 to the dependents- and they paid for 10 to 12 thousand of my degree.

Also the CHAMPVA benefit ( Civilian Health and Medical Program of the VA) for dependents of a 100% P & T vet is wonderful!

BTW all- CHAMPVA pays 75% of cost of most brand name meds.

When I switched from a generic to a brand name, a woman from CHAMPVA actually had to call the pharmacy I deal with. They charged me around 68 bucks for a brand name (saying CHAMPVA would not pay for it)and they have about 53 bucks awaiting me as a refund.

It was the last med I ever took- I am now homeopathic=with my doctor''s approval as the side affects of that med were dehabilitating.

• HadIt.com Elder

File a NOD on the denial of Chapter 35. That will start the ball rolling. Then get opinion that you are P&T. You need to be seeing your psychiatrist as often as possible to show that your condition is static.