Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Correcting Of Military Records

Rate this question

sparkle

Question

NO I AM NOT CRAZY!!!

HI ALL, IT'S SPARKLE TRYING TO GET SOME FEEDBACK. I AM THINKING ABOUT FILING A APPLICATION FOR CORRECTION OF MY MILITARY DISCHARGE RECORDS. I WAS ADMINISTRATIVELY WITH HONORABLE CONDITIONS. I WAS SERVICE CONNECTED WITH DISABILITIES INCURRED BY TBI AND DEPRESSION AND THIS WAS STATED IN MY SMR ON DISCHARGE, AND GOT A RATING AS WELL AFTER THE DISCHARGE. ALL MY SMR ARE FOR MEDICAL/MENTAL CONDITIONS. SO COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS A ADMINISTRATIVE DISCHARGE/ WHAT DO IT STAND FOR? SO I WILL BE FILING FOR A MEDICAL DISCHARGE. THIS WAS ERROR AND A INJUSTICE. THE REASON I SAY INJUSTICE IS BECAUSE MY MY DISCHARGE SAYS;

NATURE OF EXAM:

POST TRAUMATIC SEIZURE DISORDER

AIRMAN ----HAS A PERSONALITY DISORDER AND IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT SHE BE SEPARATED THROUGH ADMINISTRATIVE CHANNELS WITHOUT DELAY. THIS LETTER HAS THE CONCURRENCE OF THE HOSPITAL COMMANDER. (NOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE A MEDICAL REASON TO ME. NOW THAT'S NOT ALL OF IT. THIS IS GOING TO BE LONG SO GET YOURSELF A CUP OF JOE, OR A SMILE AND COKE. )

LINE OF DUTY DETERMINATION (AFR 35-67) ; PATIENT WAS ON ACTIVE DUTY. PATIENT FELL GOING UP STEP TO HER BARRACKS ( NOT SO FELL GOING DOWN), STRUCK HEAD AND PASSED OUT, UNCONSCIENCE LESS THAN 5 MIN. PATIENTS NOW COMPLAINTS OF SPOTS BEFORE EYES AND FREQUENT SEVERE HEADACHES, RECURRENT SYNCOPAL EPISODES. PATIENT HAS HAD MORE THAN FORTY EPISODES SINCE TRAUMA. LOD FORM WAS NOT INITIALTED AT LACKLAND AFB. (IF YOU HAD TO GO TO THE DR'S THEY SHOULD HAVE A RECORD OF ALL THIS RIGHT?) MY COPIES ARE NOT THAT CLEAR, BUT COULD MAKE THAT PART OF IT OUT. NOW THAT WAS ON JUST ONE OF THE REPORTS DATED APR 12, 1982.

THE RECOMMENDED FINDING WHICH COINCIDES WITH THE RECOMMENDTION OF MEDICAL EXAM. OCT 26 1982 THIS WAS SIGNED BY THE COMMANDER (CAN SEE THIS REALLLLL GOOD)

NOV 18, 1982. (CHECK MARK IN BOX BESIDE THIS STATEMENT). APPROVED ON NOV 18, 1982.

PSYCHIATRIC CONSULTATION;

PSYCHOMOTOR ACTIVITY IS INCREASED---OVER GESTICULATES. ADMITS TO THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE ONE TIME IN THE PAST. SHE FUMBLES WITH PROVERBS BEFORE GIVING A GOOD ABSTRACT ANSWER.

DIAGNOSIS; HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER.

DISCUSSION AND RECOMMENDATION; INDIVIDUAL WILL NEED YEARS OF PSYCHO THERAPY FOR ONE TO SEE SOME MODIFICATION IN THE MASSIVE DENIAL WHICH IS HER PRIMARY DEFENSE AGAINST ANXIETY. IT IS RECOMMENDED SHE BE CONSIDERED FOR SEPARATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARF 160-43, CHAP. 5-15, PARA D. DSM CODE 301.50. COMPLETE PHYSICAL EXAMS IS NOT CONSIDERED IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE PATIENT OR THE AIR FORCE (WONDER WHAT THAT MEANS. YOUR COFFEE IS GETTING COLD MAY NEED TO REHEAT IT).

THIS IS FROM A DIFFERENT PAGE

INDIVIDUAL IS NOT AUTHORIZED DISABILITY PROCESSING LAW OR IAW (NOT SURE) AFR 35-4 AND A COMPLETE PHYSICAL EXAMINATION IS NOT CONSIDERED IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE AIR FORCE (NOW WHAT DO THAT MEAN? NOT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE AIR FOR FORCE DO TELL). RECOMMEND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION. SIGNED BY THE COMMAND SURGEON DATED JAN. 7 1983. NOW THIS IS SOOOOO FUNNY GUYS.

BEFORE RECOMMENDING THIS DISCHARGE, I DID NOT CONDUCT REHABILITATION EFFORTS DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE PSYCHIATRIC FINDINGS (SOUNDS LIKE I AM SO BROKEN I CAN NOT BE FIX OR WORTH REHABILITATION).

THAT IS WHY I FEEL IS SHOULD FILE FOR THE CORRECTION OF MY SMR TO MEDICAL.

HOPE SOMEONE WILL READ THIS CAREFULLY AND GIVE SOME FEED BACK. JOHN AND PETE YOU GOT YOUR HOMEWORK CUT OUT FOR YOU. I KNOW IF I HAVE YOU TWO GUYS CHECKING THIS OUT I WILL BE JUST FINE (ALL OTHER COMMENTS ARE WELCOME AS WELL SORRY DIDNT MEAN IT LIKE THAT) AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO WIN ALL MY CLAIMS: TBIU, SSD, RATE INCREASE, AND CORRECTION OF RECORDS.

SO SIT BACK TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF BECAUSE IT'S TIME FOR THE *SPARKLE CLAIMS SHOW. LOVE YA ALL!!!!

*SPARKLE

Edited by sparkle

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Sparkle

You need to contact the NPRC (National Personnel Records Center). The y will give you the Air Force's site to apply for a correction. Call this number 314-801-0800

You may have to wait up to a year for the correction of course that depends on how many requests they have.

Sparkle

You need to contact the NPRC (National Personnel Records Center). The y will give you the Air Force's site to apply for a correction. Call this number 314-801-0800

You may have to wait up to a year for the correction of course that depends on how many requests they have.

THANKS BOOMER, I CAN WAIT THE YEAR JUST NEED THEM TO CORRECT THIS. THIS IS THEIR DOINGS NOT MINE AND THEY NEED TO FIX IT. ONCE MORE THANKS FOR THE INFO BOOMER!!!

*SPARKLE

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless you have money for a lawyer I would forget trying for medical discharge. You might be able to get upgraded to honorable. You see, the military discharged you based on being a personality disorder. Your command conspired to put the screws to you, and they got cooperation from the loyal psychiatrist to write you up as a PD. I think I would let this just rest and focus on gettting TDIU or 100% from the VA. The BCMR are not user friendly. Get 100% from VA and then worry about the discharge. They do very few corrections of records after 25 years if they think they may have to pay something.

Unless you have money for a lawyer I would forget trying for medical discharge. You might be able to get upgraded to honorable. You see, the military discharged you based on being a personality disorder. Your command conspired to put the screws to you, and they got cooperation from the loyal psychiatrist to write you up as a PD. I think I would let this just rest and focus on gettting TDIU or 100% from the VA. The BCMR are not user friendly. Get 100% from VA and then worry about the discharge. They do very few corrections of records after 25 years if they think they may have to pay something.

"J", I DID GET A HONORABLE DISCHARGE. IT SAID ADM DISCHARGE HONORABLE. I WILL DO AS YOU SAY AND JUST LEAVE THAT ALONG FOR NOW OR JUST FORGET ABOUT IT ALL TOGETHER. I DO HAVE THAT HONORABLE AND THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT RIGHT NOW, BETTER THAN A DISHONORABLE DON'T YOU THINK. THANKS MY FRIEND FOR THE INFO I KNOW YOU WOULD NOT STEER ME WRONG.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sparkle

Yes, go for the VA money for now and you can possibly take on the AF after you get TDIU or 100%. See, a personality disorder is not a compensable medical condition. They discharged you on this pretext to avoid paying you a disability discharge. It happened to me as well. I had spent two months in an Army rubber room, but they decided I was just a no-good and did the administrative discharge. They all sold me down the river.

Sparkle

Yes, go for the VA money for now and you can possibly take on the AF after you get TDIU or 100%. See, a personality disorder is not a compensable medical condition. They discharged you on this pretext to avoid paying you a disability discharge. It happened to me as well. I had spent two months in an Army rubber room, but they decided I was just a no-good and did the administrative discharge. They all sold me down the river.

thanks "J" will do as you say. VA already have my smr so i dont think they will ask me for that again, because this claim is just a reopen for a increase % for the depression sec to the tbi which is 30% and the the tbi is 10% which makes me all together 40%. i have all the info that is needed, (dr's notes, med's) to get a new rating i hope. i understand i will only get paid for one mh so i guess the depression would be it, because the would be the cause of my panic attacks and so forth. i still should be able to get something more for the tbi (what you think) sense that is my first and not the second. not sure just asking. OMG if it was'nt for you and the others trying to help me out, i would be a hot mass. "J" you know you give me hope to keep on keeping on.

*Sparkle